Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
1/144 Polikarpov I-16 from Zvezda
Sovietwarplanes
April 16, 2024, 11:07:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1/144 Polikarpov I-16 from Zvezda  (Read 2121 times)
TISO

« on: September 05, 2016, 02:30:41 PM »

I just got me this micro kit and while basic (no cockpit detail) is is quite a nice kit if you do some work on it. Interestingly Zvezda did start to detail their wargamer aviation kits. Early kits in this range had no panel lines (and other details) and were difficult to detail due to fuselage being one piece (Il-2, LaGG-3) which is not case here. This one while still being snap tight wargamer thingie has much more potential.
It is certanly not in Armory kit quality range (no PE, some generic star and numbers decals ) but it is externally quite detailed and very cheap. Instead of interior it has pilot head which is good if you do diorama but not so good if you want to detail it. IMHO judging by photos wing detail is better on zvezda. Kit represents early type by my reckoning type10 (short ailerons, no recesses for skies, earlier exhaust configuration, 4 MG's)
Check here for german preview and photos of plastic:
http://www.kitreviewsonline.de/?p=9632
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 04:10:56 PM by TISO » Logged

Disciple of Error
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: