Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
New acrylics from the Slovak Republic
Sovietwarplanes
March 19, 2024, 07:27:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New acrylics from the Slovak Republic  (Read 3153 times)
Pete57

« on: January 04, 2017, 12:47:32 PM »

Surfing the net, I've run into a new (at least to me) acrylic, hobby paint producer from the Slovak Republichttp://mrpaint.sk/farby/lietadla/USSR

Considering that Czechoslovakia operated Soviet equipment, their interpretation of the Soviet color's should not be too far off.

One color that that got me scratching my head is their MRP-49 Light Gray Blue http://mrpaint.sk/farby/lietadla/Československo?product_id=98 quote - Russian aircraft Interior Cockpit, Wheel Well, Seat etc from 1960 to the present.

Could it be the famed PF-36M? PF-36 actually began to be used in the early 50's, but MR's statement could simply be the result of a hasty or incomplete result (Czechoslovakia did receive MiG-15's in the early 50's, after all!).
If the shade turns out to be close to the FS *4233, then we have an acrylic color that can be used to represent the AMT-16, AGT-16, A-36M and PF-36M range...
...or  could it be one of the cockpit grey's used by different manufacturer's, e.g. the 'Yak Interior Grey', instead?

Also, their Czechoslovak AF range should be a godsend to any L-29 / L-39 fan...or were the VVS aircraft painted to Soviet specs?

Best regards.

Pete57

Pete57
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 01:42:47 PM »

Hi Peter,
a lot of years ago I had a Czech correspondant that told me that Czech AF utilized to paint interior surfaces with a grey similar to grau 02. Chould this color mrp-49 be based on Soviet types built or repainted in Czechoslovakia?
Regards
Massimo
Pete57

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 10:30:11 PM »

Hi Massimo,

According to a post by 'Redboost' on the Britmodeller forum regarding the colors of the Avia S-199, (quote) The cockpit colour was mid greyish-blue, not RLM02 (un-quote)
Link http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234967503-kp-avia-s-199/.

Also, consider that MRP-49 is a Soviet color, applicable in their Czekoslovak AF range to aircraft of Soviet origin only, and it is labelled GRAY-blue whereas RLM 02 was a yellowish grey due to (according to some researchers) the chromate in its formula.

Cheers.

Pete57

Pete57
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 05:29:15 PM »

Hi Pete,
well, could be that my correspondant hadn't a clear idea of grau 02.
What is the use of this blue-grey, in your knowledge?
Regards
Massimo
Pete57

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 02:27:23 PM »

Hi Massimo,

As I said in my first post, I'm inclined to believe MRP-49 is either their interpretation of the Soviet PF-36M (and therefore also the AMT/ALG-16 and PF-36, since the shades are very similar) or one of interior grey's used by the Soviet manufacturer's in the 60's / 70's (e.g. the Yakovlev cockpit grey more than once mentioned by KL).

Indeed MR Color states Wheel Well to be also painted this color, and this would not apply to PF-36 which was a cockpit-interior color only, but this could also be the result of poor or hasty research on their side.

Also, consider that PF-36M is called серо-голубой, i.e. blue-grey, same as MRP-49.

Best regards.

Pete57
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 02:34:26 PM by Pete57 » Logged

Pete57
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: