Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
AMT-10. Secrets, mysteries, investigations :)
Sovietwarplanes
April 19, 2024, 03:23:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AMT-10. Secrets, mysteries, investigations :)  (Read 4642 times)
Psy06

« on: September 14, 2016, 02:58:36 PM »

I will not write about Burchy, so everyone knows. But, AMT-10 was a naval paint (by legend), and recently I found interesting info:

And try to compare with shots MBR-2 from my collection, and it seems to me, something looks promising:

What do you thinks, guys?

« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 03:04:22 PM by Psy06 » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 08:17:24 PM »

Hi Psy,

this looks interesting. Could you resume the important part of the text, please? What are the comments of the grey chips shown?

The color of seaplanes has always been a mystery. Often one assume that they were painted black and green, but only for lack of different informations.
I remember vaguely that AMT-10 has already been discussed on another forum years ago. If I remember well, it was said that the color was introduced in 1945.
Regards
Massimo
Psy06

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 08:29:32 PM »

Hi Psy,

this looks interesting. Could you resume the important part of the text, please? What are the comments of the grey chips shown?

There are references to other colors, samples of which I do not have and what they look like is also unknown. Text absolutely usless. More important, the color chips is a soviet naval standart almost possibly used at WW2 time too. Different colors was designated for different fleets operation area, i.e Pacific fleet, Baltic and so on.

The book is called - Rules painting ships, auxiliary vessels and basic craft of the Navy. I have only this two pages.
Header to the second sheet is - The chart paints and enamels colors for painting external surfaces of ships of the Navy.
The word шаровая [sharovaya] well it is non translatable actually, literally means -naval color, or naval paint, while talking about the particular type of paint and color at the same time, and used only for military wessels. Any russian speaking man if ask him about [шаровая краска], just understand that talking about the special military ship paint, instead of paint for balloons Smiley

« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 09:07:10 PM by Psy06 » Logged
KL

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 07:51:27 AM »

"Pravila okraski korablei..." has been available for download for years.  I have a complete digital version!

The book was published in 1965 - too late for any AMT paint.  Chips basically represent different versions of "sharovaya" colour for different fleets (Baltic, Black Sea, Nortern and Pacifific).  This system was introduced in post-war years...

...AMT-10 was a naval paint (by legend), and recently I found interesting info:
What do you thinks, guys?

It's probably true... pre-war AE-10 enamel was also made for flying boats...

AlexGRD

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2016, 09:12:14 AM »

Also purely "dark-grey-blue" as book's samples ?  Grin
Psy06

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2016, 09:19:00 AM »

This system was introduced in post-war years...

Konstantine, here it all is that the military standards terribly conservative, can be almost 99% certainty to judge the colors in this book existed before. Hydroaviation always belonged to the Navy, so it is subject to all naval orders, including paint. Therefore, if the paint on the MBR-2 photos is very similar to a standard sharovaya even 1965 circa, it is not by chance Smiley There is one funny moment, navy paint, by definition, is much more resistant to degradation, by natural reason.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 10:14:49 AM by Psy06 » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2016, 07:58:03 AM »

Hi,
is it written in this booklet that the same colors for ships were utilized for seaplanes ?
At present time, are the seaplanes and helicopters of the navy painted with the same colors of ships?
Now I see that the second photo of the MBR wrecks shows both a layer of greenish grey and a layer of dark grey. Could it be that the grey-green, supposed AMT-10, was painted over a previous different camouflage? Could the original wrecks say more about this camouflage?
AMT-10 has to have been formulated before AMT-11 and 12. Could this be a suggestion for its use during the war?
Regards
Massimo
Psy06

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2016, 10:07:03 AM »

Hi,
is it written in this booklet that the same colors for ships were utilized for seaplanes ?
At present time, are the seaplanes and helicopters of the navy painted with the same colors of ships?
Now I see that the second photo of the MBR wrecks shows both a layer of greenish grey and a layer of dark grey. Could it be that the grey-green, supposed AMT-10, was painted over a previous different camouflage? Could the original wrecks say more about this camouflage?
AMT-10 has to have been formulated before AMT-11 and 12. Could this be a suggestion for its use during the war?
Regards
Massimo
No
Yes
No, No - it is a late production boat, have only one paint cheme as is present on wreck, just stars repainted, over time, note how great paints preserve, it are definitely more resistant to the environment. "Generic" aviation at such condition usually often washed out down to the bare metal (you see, main colors are intact but stars which a standart avia paint, was washed out).
No - amt-10 is mistery, you know.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 10:18:47 AM by Psy06 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: