Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Yet Another 1/48 LaGG-3 Kit
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 04:04:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Yet Another 1/48 LaGG-3 Kit  (Read 3615 times)
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« on: July 13, 2010, 03:03:17 AM »

...this one is in resin, from Fusion Models; see this thread on HyperScale Plane Talking:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/149674/message/1278864609/New+1-48+LaGG-3+Early+Series+from+Fusion

That makes 1/48 LaGG-3s available from four different manufacturers - Vector (resin), South Front (injected styrene), ICM (injected styrene), and now Fusion. If only the Yak-1b (or I-153) was as popular in 1/72... Wink

These images don't even appear yet on Fusion's own web site, which shows that the owner originally intended to release this kit at the end of 2008; apparently he has been working during the past year and a half to maximize the accuracy and detail of his version.

John
Markino

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 10:10:34 AM »

Hi John,
I have been read you post just now... Very interesting and very beautifull kit, but after my bad experience with Vector's one I send an email to Alain Gadbois, asking for....dimensions....obviously  Wink Wink; I am very entusiast by this new kit but frightened also  Lips Sealed Lips Sealed.
I will post his reply when I will receive it.

Ciao!

"If you want to get what you want
 you need to get rid of the need."
Greg C.

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 01:20:56 AM »

The pics look very impressive!
Fusion's products have in the past been of excellent quality.  I have several items from them, including their Ta-152C conversion (for the Trimaster/Dragon Ta-152H) which still produces the best-looking and most accurate rendition of that aircraft.  (It was also fun to build, too!)

Fusion actually announced this kit two or three years ago, and then were upstaged by Vector, and then ICM.  (South Front too, although theirs is pretty rough..)  Far be it from me to criticize anyone for producing a new model kit, but it's puzzling to me that they would finish the LaGG and bring it to market when there are already three other people with pretty good LaGG kits, two of which are really very good.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: