Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
LaGG-3 schemes needed
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 10:27:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LaGG-3 schemes needed  (Read 9836 times)
warhawk

« on: July 26, 2007, 01:02:10 PM »

Hi, I'm looking for a AII green/ AII Dark green/ AII blue scheme for my 1/72 LaGG, early series(1-4). I don't know what the manufacturer is because I don't have the box (bought it second hand Grin). All I know is that the plastic is same as the Toko kit, you get decals for all the versions which Toko packs separately (+couple more), plus there is a small etched fret included for instrument panel and seat harnesses. 
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 01:03:49 PM by warhawk » Logged
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 07:24:53 PM »

Do you have the instruction sheets and the decal placement/camouflage sheets for all that? (Sounds like you got a pretty good package there, BTW! The photoetch alone is a nice bonus over the standard kits.) I think what you really want to know is which of the kit decals go with the camouflage scheme you describe? Maybe I can help...? Wink

I assume you've already checked Massimo's LaGG-3 pages:
http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/lagg3/lagg3.html

John
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 07:29:48 PM by John Thompson » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 09:18:22 PM »

Hi, Smiley
on my page, there are two planes drawn with the use of dark green: the one of Galchenko and the one captured by Japaneses.
Please, keep in mind that it's impossible to distinguish faded black form dark green on a bw photo.
Massimo
warhawk

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 12:02:54 PM »

This is the front side of the kit instruction sheet

You also get a full set of scale plans (slightly smaller than 1/72)

As you can see, only Green/Dark green scheme is Galachenko's aircraft (the instructions suggest Green/Black scheme...)

Does anyone know which is the manufacturer and some other Green/Gark green schemes?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 12:31:48 PM by warhawk » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 02:36:42 PM »

Hi, Smiley
unfortunately I can't see the images on your post, but the first version of the kit of Toko included all versions. It could be this kit.
About Galcheko's plane, there are many photos on my page.(have you seen it?). The painting of this plane had an evolution in 1941/42. The only doubt is if the intermediate shade is dark green or faded black (dark grey). The interpretation is free, there is no way to know it by sure.
Massimo
warhawk

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 03:26:43 PM »

I have thought of building Galachenko's plane, but I'd rather do something more standard...
Jet

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 11:58:44 PM »

the profiles for 44 and 73 are what many consider the "stock factory" scheme for Zavod 21 (now Sokol - Nizhniy Novgorod aircraft factory #21). It is a very very common dark/light green scheme.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 12:07:13 AM by Jet » Logged
Jet

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2007, 12:05:09 AM »

Hi, Smiley
unfortunately I can't see the images on your post, but the first version of the kit of Toko included all versions. It could be this kit.

Massimo,
I have located the older Toko kit with parts for all versions and paint scemes on the back of the box, this instruction sheet is different and looks more complete, so if it is the FIRST Toko, it is earlier than the one I have. The image on the first page shows a "captured by the Nazis" paint scheme, and the second page seems to detail differences between all the versions (if that helps you any)
warhawk

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2007, 11:19:26 AM »

But the article about white 44 suggests a black/green cammo...
http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/lagg3/44iap/44iap44.html
and the 73 is not a 1-4 type (which I would like to do)
Hummm... could be a rebox of the Toko kit... (maybe even a western European one...)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2007, 03:58:47 PM »

Hi, Smiley
I think that all those LaGGs were black/green. A piece of fuselage preserved in Finland shows that colors, and I suppose that nearly all LaGGs had that combination, even if I can't exclude the use of dark green from bw photos.
Now I see the images of the kit. I dont know the firm.
73... i think to have seen photos of it in a video, aside the plane of Galchenko.
What color do they suggest for n 46?
Massimo
warhawk

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2007, 11:40:52 AM »

They suggest it should be silver, but I don't think the top part of the canopy should be painted silver too (look at the picture).
warhawk

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2010, 12:31:29 PM »

I found this photo of unidentified LaGG. The darker color looks a bit light for black... Could this be green-green cammo?

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2010, 01:10:10 PM »

Perhaps... but I suspect that it's faded black. There was a post where I showed four different images of LaGG n.57, somewhere...
However, in the doubt, it's possible.
On some cases, I would use a compromise shade, a sort of greyish greenish black, that could give the idea of a thin layer of faded black over a green base, or black intentionally distempered with green.
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: