Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Su-2 obscure question
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 01:30:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Su-2 obscure question  (Read 3068 times)
ReccePhreak

« on: October 09, 2016, 03:36:24 PM »

I am working on my  Zvezda 1/48 Su-2, turning it into a Su-2R recce version.
My question is this; what is the possibility that they would've carried underwing fuel tanks, for longer range on photo-recce missions? I was thinking of putting some tanks on the wing bomb racks. I just have to find some suitable "Russian" drop tanks.

Larry
Dark Green Man

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 07:39:59 AM »

I don't know if that ever happened in real life ; but it sounds like it would be an interesting model.
you could steal a pair of drop tanks from the Accurate Miniatures Yak-1b as these fits were deleted to save weight.
I've got bunches of 'em ; let me know if you want some.

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
ReccePhreak

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 02:23:48 PM »

I don't know if that ever happened in real life ; but it sounds like it would be an interesting model.
you could steal a pair of drop tanks from the Accurate Miniatures Yak-1b as these fits were deleted to save weight.
I've got bunches of 'em ; let me know if you want some.

That sounds like a great idea! They look to be about the right size, and since they are from Accurate Miniatures, the detail will be as good or better than the ICM Su-2.

PM sent.

Larry
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: