Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Lavochkin La-11
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 12:47:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lavochkin La-11  (Read 6901 times)
FlyingBins

« on: October 24, 2016, 12:17:07 AM »

Hello to all I would like to make a La-11 in this case this:

In the version of this photograph (since there are also the decal in KIT;-))

I'd like some advice for colors:
Primer, main gear and interior:
A-14 Akan 73043
Camo:
АМТ-16 Akan 73093
Spinner and propeller:
A-26m Akan 73130
wheel discs:
A-24m Akan 73131
I go right?  Grin
Thank's in advance
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 09:41:11 PM »

Hi,
the spinner looks grey in the photo, not black.
Apart for this, the selection of colors seems good.
Regards
Massimo
Troy Smith

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 02:47:29 AM »

a warning on the kit, the wheel well does not fit AT ALL

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234976991-mikro-mirs-new-la-11-148th-scale-in-box-review/

One of the chaps at hyper scale reported a serious fit issue withthe wheel bay insert fouling the wind to fuselage join. So yesterday I thought I'd see - and he was spot on correct: It doesn't fit, full stop.
After 2 hours of non stop cutting, sanding, filing, pairing, more cutting, more sanding etc, I got it to fit, but BE WARNED - if you have this model or intend to buy it - tackle this area first.
Basically you'll need to reduce the height on the wheel well insert, thin down the plastic on the top so it's wafer thin, then thin down the plastic on the underside of the fuselage wing root flanges, and then remove a lot of plastic from the inside of the lower fuselage halves: Then it will fit!! Just!!

this is no joke, I have been doing some work on my La-9.

I got the wheel well to fit, but it's a lot of carving, the cockpit interior  needs trimming and adjusting, as does the coke bottle canopy,a s it supposed to be flush with the rear fuselage at the back.
there don't appear to be any mounting points for the UC legs.

None of this is insurmountable, but I suggest not even showing the kit glue until these fit issues have been adjusted, certainly not adding any of the PE detail.

I also thinned the wing trailing edges and rudder trailing edge a lot, and tacked on the tailplanes with tiny drops of superglue, then drilled from inside to allow addition of mounting pins, a sharp tap from above will cleanly break off the tacked parts, and gives you aligned holes.

this is as far as i have got, except for trying to drill out the cowl guns which has made more work.

one these issues have been tackled, it looks like it should make a decent model,  but the work involved above makes it a slog, as it's tedious.   tackle it in small doses, as it will take several hours of careful adjustment to get it too a point where it will assemble like a kit!

There is a post here with some more info, and there is a walkround of the restored La-9 which has some cockpit shots whihc you need to see what goes where,  the instructions are vague at best for this.

I'll add more when I can find them.

HTH
T

OK
La-9 restored walkround http://www.kiwiaircraftimages.com/la9.html

older B/W La-11 photos
http://scalemodels.ru/modules/photo/viewcat.php?cid=395&orderby=date%20ASC&show=12&min=0

« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 02:56:47 AM by Troy Smith » Logged
FlyingBins

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 02:49:47 PM »

Hi,
the spinner looks grey in the photo, not black.
Apart for this, the selection of colors seems good.
Regards
Massimo

Thanks I had missed the particular of the spinner  Grin
Regards
Luca
FlyingBins

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 02:56:24 PM »

a warning on the kit, the wheel well does not fit AT ALL

Thanks Troy, I had read about that problem, not to become me crazy, I bought this: Grin
https://www.scalemates.com/kits/540839-komplekt-zip-48033-la-9-la-11-landing-gear-and-wheel-wells

Thank's a lot
Regards
Luca
FlyingBins

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 09:56:33 AM »

Hello everyone, I have changed my mind for coloring, I would try to do it with the colors of 911 ИАП.
Which red, in your opinion, preferably acrylic, I might use?
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2017, 05:47:13 AM »

Hi Luca,
I haven't good photos of those planes, I remember that they appear in a bw movie when flying around a Tu-2.
I don't know dark red shades for use 'as is' for planes, so I think that it was a mix of an usual glossy red with some black.
I am displeased to have not anything sure to say.
Regards
Massimo
FlyingBins

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2017, 11:34:12 PM »

Watch this color video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o74s1kOwSZE,  from minute 3:07, I do not understand Russian, but it seems that identify them as a La-9
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 11:41:15 PM by FlyingBins » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2017, 06:23:06 AM »

Hi Luca,
the planes around 3:00 are actually La-9 red but with light blue undersurfaces. Another thing. The planes of the polar mission can be seen around 10:00 and seem all red La-11 with white numbers. Some images are mirrored, who knows why. The images don't show that the airframe was painted with a darker red than the stars, it could be the same shade.
The Tu-2 has the usual light undersurfaces, but one can suspect that its upper surfaces were painted red.
Regards
Massimo
FlyingBins

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2017, 11:36:40 AM »

Hi Massimo,
Thank you for your answers, looking better the video, in fact in the first case are LA-9 with the lower surfaces in light blue (perhaps A-36g?), In the second case, trying to interpret the shades of gray, are the same color of red stars, in both cases i think we can say that they have used or A-13 or AII.
Do you agree?
Greetings
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: