Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Kriukov's Mig-3
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 08:40:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kriukov's Mig-3  (Read 6900 times)
Audrius

« on: November 02, 2005, 03:30:25 PM »

hello!
following the last Massimo update on Mig-3 page I was wondered by profile of Kriukov's Mig-3 http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/mig3/kryuchov.html . Actually all this is about the number 49 on the tail. I wonder if it is only me who is blind- I am not able to observe that number on any picture of Kriukov's Mig-3. Massimo could help me to find out that 49Grin

BR Audrius 
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 09:06:40 PM »

Hi Audrius,
I have corrected the name and added an image that should explain where I see the 49. I hope that it is convincing. Please check it.
Massimo
M_Bykov

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2005, 09:22:40 AM »

I saw the original print of tis photograph, so there is not any number on the MiG's tail - the camo pattern only  Smiley.
Audrius

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 09:48:34 AM »

Wellcome on board dear M_Bykov!  Grin

I saw the original print of tis photograph, so there is not any number on the MiG's tail - the camo pattern only

This is what I wished to say to Massimo as well. That probably this is lght camo patern. Otherwise Massimo , you should be monster to see such thing!  Grin

BR Audrius
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 09:52:23 PM »

Welcome M Bykov.  Smiley
I greatly appreciated your recent clarifications on Galchenko's plane, as well as your profiles.
 Smiley
About n.49, the only thing that I have in my hands is that image, and, in my opinion, it looks to show a 49. I have considered the possibility that it was the hat of some soldier to resemble a number, but I don't see nor the shoulders of him, nor the space between other soldiers for him.
I would be very interested to see a scan- maybe a detail- of the original image, if possible. Of course, I trust your word, but the (supposed) number is confused between the heads of the men, and I would be convinced before rejecting what I see on the only scan I have. Embarrassed

Hi Audrius,
a monster? Perhaps. Sometimes with full moon... Grin

Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2005, 08:27:08 AM »

Hi, Smiley
this image explains where I think to see the 49 during full moon nights. It is on the same position of numbers observed on the winter camo planes of the same unit in well known images of red 02 etc.

Massimo
JP
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2005, 09:00:22 AM »

Unfortunately, as with many photos of this nature, the truth may never be really known for sure.? And so, we are left to guess what we think is right.? It's too bad all those болваны are blocking the view of the aircraft!? ?Cheesy

As for my eyes, I definitely see something there, but it is hard for me to say that it is a 49.? I see a round-like shape there.? It really almost looks to me like the top of a cap or hat on the head of someone looking at his feet.? I've had to stand around in formation like that many times!? ?Grin? But as you say, the angle for it does not look completely natural for a person to be standing there.? If other aircraft in the unit had a number there, then that certainly lends weight to your reasoning.? Unless we find one of those guys standing there and ask him, we may never know for sure!? Embarrassed
oleks.v
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 02:30:43 PM »

Hi,

I know it sounds crazy, but for me it looks like an over painted number 14. Please look at these shadows.

BR
oleks
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2007, 07:38:18 PM »

Hi Oleks, Smiley
this observation is interesting, but, at my eye, the supposed 1 and the supposed 4 appear of different colors. It's unlikely. However, nothing is impossible.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: