Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
I-153 238 IAP original decoration of the le bourget museum plane ICM 1/48
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 11:35:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I-153 238 IAP original decoration of the le bourget museum plane ICM 1/48  (Read 2993 times)
xan

« on: February 07, 2017, 09:38:43 PM »

Hello,
in june of 2001 a had this project idea after reading the fana's paper about the LE bourget museum I-153 restauration (they thanks Kostantin in this paper)

This plane is the only original I-153 in the world, the last one polikarpov I-153:

The restauration of the plane put in evidence the moved past of this plane.
They discovered the green coat of the plane was not the original one, but under it there was an alu paint as it was used in the VVS of 1940.

In fact the plane was a 238 IAP plane
here are some other examples:

Meanwhile, restauration went on, and it appears it was the N°7277 with 21 number.
We have a pic of this plane:

the IV number the german put on still remains under the green coat:

This plane was captured by the germans in lithuania during Barbarossa operation in june of 41.
Later it was carried to France to be shown as a war trophy, with a mig-3.
But the plane was not complete so they added other planes parts such as a wing.
the germans painted then the plane in  RLM 62
After the war we know it has been in Meudon when the mig-3 get lost.

in 1954 the air museum get the I-153.

So the ideia was to represent the plane with her originel paint, and here is the result:

hope you like it!

Xan

« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 09:48:06 PM by xan » Logged

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 06:24:22 AM »

Hi,
it's very well made and well documented. The photos seem nearly those of a real plane or a computer rendering.
Just, the mud nearly the tailwheel and on the rudder is somewhat out of place, also considering that the wheels are clean.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: