Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Page on La-7s
Sovietwarplanes
April 19, 2024, 12:40:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Page on La-7s  (Read 40399 times)
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2017, 09:54:11 AM »

Hi Massimo,

regarding plane no. "70" IMHO:
- color under the victory starlets is standard/original AMT-11, but color under (at least) the digit 7 is different, lighter repainting,
- according to Aviakollektia VVS Colours 1941 - 1945, page 25 at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/board/index.php?topic=906.msg5004#msg5004 the "...star began to paint with two border: white - a width of 5 cm and red - 1 cm..."

White and red outline of the star on this photo basicaly agree with that rule, or may be both outlines are a bit thicker, painted by brush:

Then dark outline of the number "70" looks significantly thinner, something between 0.5 and 1 centimeter and is pretty regular and straight. To my eyes it looks more like thin stripe of the dark tape. And even thinner white outline (left intentionally or unintentionally, does not matter) is just exceeding board number.
I would exclude red color - IMHO it is either black or dark blue.

Regards,
   66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2017, 01:12:40 PM »

Hi Misos,

i think that the colors around the number 7 are the original AMT-11 and 12, faded, while the dark thing over the bravce of the star is a later repainting, made before painting the starlets. The fact that some light space remains between the star and the dark blotch reveals it as a retouch. Nothing similar around the numbers, in my idea.
Of course, this means that the original (or repainted much time before)  band of AMT-12 was moved back than its usual position on other La-7s. This looks compatible with the photo from far.

The outlines of the numbers haven't relation with those of the star. I suppose that the inner outline is black because it can't appear darker and sharper, while the thing around is of another color, and the shade is compatible with how the starlets appear on this photo. Of course, should other photos be found where the outline appears different from the starlets, the thing would suggerst a different color.

Plane 10  is certainly related to 70; on the photos of 10, the red star appears very dark, as black, and the outline around the numbers is very thick and dark.
in my idea, this points on another red and black outline, that could be a characteristic of La-7s of 4 giap kbf.

Regards
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2017, 01:49:10 PM »

Hi,
after a suggestion of A. Ruckovsky, I've modifiied the attribution of La-7 n.97 from 523 IAP to 50 IAP.
http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/la-7/la-7colors/523iap/523iap.htm
Regards
Massimo
66misos

« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2019, 05:41:13 PM »

Hi Massimo,
I was noticed by one my friend about two discrepancies regarding this plane:

form your page http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/la-7/la-7colors/482iap/482%20iap.htm

You have 2x6 white starlets (group victories) on your profile.
However, on the photo only 2x5 white starlets are visible:

something like this:

Moreover, according to your page it is Kovalev's plane.
However, according to the http://www.airaces.narod.ru/all0/korol_vi.htm it should be Vitalij Ivanovich Koroljov (Korolev) Huh
Regards,
   66misos
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 05:43:33 PM by 66misos » Logged

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2019, 07:21:21 PM »

Hi Misos,
thank you for the warning.
About the number of stars, though, the spacing suggests that each row is of 6 stars.

About the name of the pilot, I suppose that the site is right, I'll modify it and add a link to the page.

Best regards
Massimo
66misos

« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2019, 02:38:24 PM »

Hi Massimo,
I played with the picture a bit:

It shows 6 columns of the red stars (6x4 individual victories) plus 5 columns of the white stars (5x2 group victories).
Regards,
   66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2019, 06:47:22 PM »

Hi Misos,
I see, you're right.
I've modified the profile, but I still see it with 6 starlets on the site. I suppose that it is a matter of cache. 
Thank you for your warning.
Regards
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2019, 09:51:54 PM »

Hi,
I've forced the update by modifying the name of the file.
Probably the link on your post is broken.

Regards
Massimo
66misos

« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2019, 08:10:23 AM »

Hi Massimo,

IMHO it is much better now. Anyhow, could you chceck the position of the bottom middle white starlet against the top of the digit "4"?
Maybe to move white starlets a bit to the right, or move left digit 4 a bit to the left and the right digit 4 a bit more to the left - it would also decrease the space between the left and right digits 4 and the right digit 4 would be off the circular hatch on its right side - same like on the photo.

Regards,
  66misos

barneybolac

« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2019, 12:03:12 AM »

Interesting rudder scheme on #92.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fava.org.ru%2Fiap%2F92.htm
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2019, 02:48:58 PM »

Yes, very interesting. I can suppose that the upper/mid part of the rudder was painted... silver?
There is a band on the low part that could seem painted in a dark color, maybe red.
Apart for the rudder, have you noted the small spiral on the spinner?
Another note: it seems a 3-guns La-7.
Regards
Massimo
barneybolac

« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2019, 07:06:42 AM »

Wasn't sure if the spiral was by design or an accident it was done so badly it left me with doubts.
The rest all makes sense.
PG monster

« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2019, 05:21:59 PM »

most probably the sunblind lightshaded the rudder.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2019, 10:45:01 PM »

Hi,
I don't think that the rudder is angulated, look at the shadow of the stabilizer, it should have a change in angulation between rudder and fuselage if the rudder was angulated.
It is likely that there is reflection, but on a glossy surface. I don't think that the rudder was camouflaged.
Regards
Massimo
Troy Smith

« Reply #74 on: December 10, 2019, 12:35:59 AM »

Hi Misos,
I think that you are right about the wire. In facts, n.10 has a nearly identical arrangement.

Looking through the La-7 pages, (for 3 gun types, from the discussion of '92' ) I noticed there look to be a thin dark  outline on the edge of the rudder, not very clear, but look at at the rear light(?) on the trim tab against the pale background, perhaps only just around the trim tab?
I could  be something behind the plane, but it follows  the shape of the rudder very neatly.

Why is do you think '92' is a 3-gun La-7,  I can't see a difference.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to: