Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Su-8 Prototype
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 05:39:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Su-8 Prototype  (Read 4349 times)
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« on: February 28, 2017, 10:27:43 PM »

Hi,
here is one of the Su-8 prototypes:

Profile is based mainly on this blueprint (from 1944?) and drawing:

This photo shows another Su-8 prototype with some diferencies around cockpit area etc.:

This one has already different engine and another changes:

Regards,
   66misos
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 08:54:16 AM by 66misos » Logged

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 08:29:07 AM »

Hi Misos,
I can't see the profile.
Interesting blueprints though.
Regards
Massimo
66misos

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 08:55:28 AM »

Hi Massimo,
link is corrected, profile is already visible. At least on my PC.
Regards,
    66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 01:24:35 PM »

Hi Misos,
now I see it. Very well drawn.
I see that there is someting different from the photos (that show a very short mast, if any) and from the drawing (in the position of the wire).
Regards
Massimo
66misos

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 01:51:31 PM »

Hi Massimo,
there are even more differences between old blueprint and photos - canopy on the photo has different shape and windows, window on the bottom nose has different shape, the latest photo shows also different engine cowlings, holes on the wing leading edge have different shapes, etc. Seems there were ongoing modifications on prototypes.

My profile should represent (one of) the first prototype. The first flight test was not made until 11 March 1944 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukhoi_Su-8) so there have to be red stars with white/red outline. However, white-outlined red stars are not very visible on the photos of the first prototypes, so question is, whether they were painted or not on those prototypes.
Photos show solid dark color on the upper surfaces. However that time (March 1944) I would expect three-color camouflage scheme according to the NKAP 1943.

Regards,
   66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 04:48:16 PM »

Hi Misos,
it is not rare that prototypes were pained with green uppersurfaces- MiG-3M-82 and I-185 are known examples.
Il-10, on the opposite, was camouflaged.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: