Sovietwarplanes
November 24, 2017, 04:01:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Photos/Profiles Of Soviet Aircraft In Poland In 1939?  (Read 248 times)
Old Man

« on: March 04, 2017, 10:53:16 PM »

This would seem to be an interesting subject for models of pre-Barbarossa Soviet equipment. But I have never seen anything trustworthy by way of captioned pictures or profiles on this episode. The nearest I have seen is in the old (and none too reliable) Profile number on the I-16, which includes a profile described as a type 10 at Bialystock in 1939/1940; the plane has a yellow 7 on the rudder, star on the fuselage, green uppers, upper cowling black, and white under-surfaces. The last, while certainly inaccurate, suggests it is possible the profile was based on a photograph, since the aluminum/light grey which would be standard under-surface at the time has sometimes been mistaken for white. Still, the thing does strike me as dubious. It would be nice to have something solid.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: