Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Any Photos/Profiles Of Soviet Aircraft In Poland In 1939?
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 10:53:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Photos/Profiles Of Soviet Aircraft In Poland In 1939?  (Read 4511 times)
Old Man

« on: March 04, 2017, 10:53:16 PM »

This would seem to be an interesting subject for models of pre-Barbarossa Soviet equipment. But I have never seen anything trustworthy by way of captioned pictures or profiles on this episode. The nearest I have seen is in the old (and none too reliable) Profile number on the I-16, which includes a profile described as a type 10 at Bialystock in 1939/1940; the plane has a yellow 7 on the rudder, star on the fuselage, green uppers, upper cowling black, and white under-surfaces. The last, while certainly inaccurate, suggests it is possible the profile was based on a photograph, since the aluminum/light grey which would be standard under-surface at the time has sometimes been mistaken for white. Still, the thing does strike me as dubious. It would be nice to have something solid.
JWM

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 01:00:23 PM »

Hi Old Man,
I've seen your post in similar question I have asked on Britmodeller forum, so you likely know whole discussion which was there but for others readers  it could interesting to find out info on the Russian article given by Dimmy there:
https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235017881-photos-or-painting-schemes-for-soviet-airplanes-invading-poland-in-1939/
There are schemes for Di6Sh, Sb2, R5 and RZ from this conflict. Still no photos...
Regards
Jerzy-Wojtek

JWM

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2018, 06:50:54 PM »

Hi,
Following profiles provided by Dimmy on Britmodeller (link in my previous post - who qoted data originally published in:  A.Stepanov, "VVS RKKA in Polish campaign, 1939 / Unknown War" article from "Aviation History", 01-2001. ). So far I made two models from 1939 campaign in Poland.
Kochyerigin i Yatsenko Di-6 Sh from 14 ShAP

and Polikarpov R-5 of 5 LBAP

Regards
Jerzy-Wojtek
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 06:24:45 AM »

Hi Jerzy,
interesting models. I've ad Di-6 yet to build, have you suggestions to improve the kit?
Regards
Massimo
JWM

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 06:19:07 PM »

If I would build second time I will go for scratchbuild replacements for canopies. The rear canopy is not very transparent. Moreover - it does not fit well it is simply too wide. Still I can do this also but the motivation...
The engine has in model 3 exhaust pipes, from photos and drawing there should be 4 small and 2 on sides bigger. On photos of more or less devastated machines you may see air intakes - a small one below cowling and a bit bigger on left side o cowling, let say at "5 hour" angle if you look from from front. I made the Russian style front of cowling (like Polikarpovs I15,152,153 or Li-2) what was based on some photos - I think it was the most important change.
Regards
J-W
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: