Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Old Site Links Seem To Be Working Now
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 04:22:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Old Site Links Seem To Be Working Now  (Read 6164 times)
Old Man

« on: March 05, 2017, 05:56:14 PM »

I am confused.

http://sovietwarplanes.com/

http://sovietwarplanes.com/board/

No post on the forum showing after 27 January this year. Stumbled across it quite by accident in a search for something else.

Anyone know what the score is with this?
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 09:49:41 PM »

Hi,
I am confused too. Seems that JP has renewed the domain. Though, he didn't answer to my mail of January.
Personally, I am tired to be uncertain at each new year and work for nothing. So I'll continue to post on this forum only and to update this site only.
Regards
Massimo
Old Man

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 07:45:32 PM »

Just wanted to know, Sir.

I would hate to see a schism.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 08:38:26 PM »

I would hate too.
Regards
Massimo
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 04:58:10 PM »

Hi All (responsible),

Decide, please, which forum will be public and running - this one at Altervista or the old one at sovietwarplanes.com. I just accidentally checked whether sovietwarplanes.com forum is running (only 7 visitors here at Altervista at this moment) and voala! that forum is running, there are 19 visitors at this moment.
It is not good to run two same forums at two different urls. Where we should continue posting?
Thank you.

regards,
   66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 06:50:14 PM »

Hi Misos,
as already said, I have already decided. I don't want to be again in the same situation with a site that disappears for a month and half without any warning and reappears now without any explanation.
This forum has all the posts of the other one, except those made today, plus those made in one month directly here.
There is no way for me to copy all the recent posts in the original one. Besides,  the same thing could happen next year.
This site is free, so it should survive even in the case (i hope not, of course) I should suddenly disappear for any reason.  The other one is paid each year, and can disappear suddenly and definitely if one doesn't renew it.
Regards
Massimo
66misos

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 08:07:38 PM »

Hi Massimo,
is it possible to make re-direction from old forum to this new one at Altervista? Even if someone would write original url it would automatically re-direct him to this new site.
Regards,
   66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2017, 09:34:41 PM »

Hi Misos,
do you mean a post writing to leave that forum and go to this one? I think that this is the maximum that I can do, and would be conflictual.
An automatic redirect is impossible if not made by the site owner himself (unless one is an hacker, and I am not).
Regards
Massimo
66misos

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2017, 10:26:21 PM »

Hi Massimo,

OK, I understand.

Regards,
    66misos

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: