Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Amodel Yak 4
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 11:43:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Amodel Yak 4  (Read 4712 times)
nsmekanik

« on: March 27, 2017, 04:58:21 AM »

I am presently chiseling away at this kit  Grin  (not complaining really) . The plan is to build it as white 18 of 118 SPAR of North? Navy in 1943, Could anyone shed any light on this unit or,if possible, plane?  The other option is yellow 3 of 314 PAR Bobryisk in June of 1941 which I gather via a google search was probably destroyed or at least captured there.

Also, as I see that the page is still under construction, it appears not unlikely that the camo was green/black, so would anyone have any idea if this might be correct, and if so, what the pattern most likely would be?

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 06:03:40 AM »

Hi,
the page is under construction since the very beginning of the site, that means abandoned (at least temporarily) because the liveries available for this beautiful plane are disappointingly repetitive. I have also a model on work, stopped in advanced state (already painted). Fairly good kit, I would say.

There is one plane positively identified as camouflaged. At present time , I don't know the unit.
Here are some:
http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/yak-2-4/foto49r.jpg

At first, I thought that it had a 3 shades camo, but now I think that it is a green/black one, with the black on the nose and engines newer or more glossy that on the other parts of the plane.

For the parts where camouflage is not visible, I would take into account this sketch from NKAP standards (From Vaklamov and Orlov's booklet)

There is an issue of Aviakollectsia on this plane, a nice monograph. I can't find it now, but it should be available online.

Regards
Massimo
nsmekanik

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 10:12:52 AM »

Thanks Massimo, I think I'll take a chance and assume that they were indeed painted in green/black scheme and it sure does look like it follows the profiles.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 10:15:59 AM by nsmekanik » Logged
nsmekanik

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 09:29:31 AM »

I'm still on the fence about the green/black scheme for white 18, as both Mars and Amodels show the same plane as a single green. I haven't been able to find a picture to confirm it so I'm wondering if anyone might know of a picture or reference to that plane?
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 10:39:02 AM »

Sorry, I have dozens and dozens of photos of those Yaks, but none 18 and only one camouflaged, without number.  If you have to guess, it's nearly sure that some all-green yak with that number existed.
Regards
Massimo
nsmekanik

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 11:33:56 PM »

Thanks Massimo, very much appreciated
Ohotnyik

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2017, 08:06:26 AM »

nsmekanik

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2017, 04:00:36 AM »

Thanks for that Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print