Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Avia-n-aero - Gone?
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 04:42:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Avia-n-aero - Gone?  (Read 3594 times)
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« on: July 30, 2007, 02:03:19 AM »

It seems that one of my favourite sites, www.avia-n-aero.ru, is no longer available! This was a great site, particularly for early GPW aircraft photos. The images (of which there were about 4500 at the time it went down) were mostly German photos taken during Operation Barbarossa, and (I think) reposted from ebay.de. A couple of months ago, the site became the victim of a rather offensive hacker, but the site came back again, although no new images appeared after that. Thankfully I had taken the time to work my way through it and saved any images that I was interested in, but I'm sure I missed some. If the site has moved to a new URL, please, someone, let us know!  Cry

John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 09:05:25 AM »

What a pity! It was a mine for researchers.  Cry
I suppose that it had copyright problems, because it showed a lot of images from ebay and other sites.
I've downloaded most of photos of MiG-3. LaGG-3, DI-6, R-10, Yak-1 and some of I-16, 15bis, 153, but left there the most of SB and other interesting types.
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: