Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Lisunov Li-2NB profiles
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 10:16:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Lisunov Li-2NB profiles  (Read 9218 times)
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« on: June 11, 2017, 06:25:31 PM »

Hi,
here is work in ptogress on Li-2NB in 2-color camo:

It should be this plane:

Unfortunately, I did not find better photo of the Li-2NB (there are photos of transport versions etc.) that would show black-green camo on the uppersurfaces + apparent color (black or light blue) on the undersurfaces + type/positions of the red stars + board number.

This is most probably "NB" version, but camo fields on the front fuselage are not visible:

Color of the undersurfaces? Is there red star also on the tail?

Regards,
   66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 10:10:22 PM »

Hi Misos,
promising work.
I see that the plane on the 'photo' has white outlines at the stars, this could be real or an artifact, but it puts into doubt the use of black-green camouflage. I suggest to look for another plane.
I suppose that you have already seen this page.
http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/li-2/li-2camo/li2-camo.htm
Regards
Massimo
66misos

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 05:43:23 AM »

Hi Massimo,
thank you for comment. I know that page, those alternative photos are from there. Photo of "White 12" looks like retouch. Interestindly, it is the only photo of Li-2(NB) I saw with red star on the both tail and fuselage.
Outlined red stars look like white/silver outlined stars on black-green Il-2 planes:

This one:

also has black-green camo with light blue underside in the late war. Not sure it is "NB" version - nose gun and bomb racks are missing. However, position of the aft fuselage band is in the same position as on this plane:

This one seems to have repainted tail, at least its upper part. According to the rear window for the gunner (missing on the previous photo) it looks like "NB" version.

Regards,
   66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 06:39:33 AM »

Hi Misos,
NB should be characterized by a particular window on the side, but I can't see it on the photo. I can't see black undersurfaces, bonb racks etc.
I don't believe that the plane of the photo is a Li-2NB.
Another thing: the profile of the nose looks too angular.
Regards
Massimo
66misos

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 11:36:58 PM »

Hi Massimo,
thank you for comment. Here is the profile with the corrected whole front fuselage and camo changed to white or red 55 - there is a big window for the gunner, so it should be "NB" version:

Regards,
   66misos
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 06:44:47 AM by 66misos » Logged

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2017, 07:09:24 AM »

Hi Misos,
I was referring to the window on the side of the nose, are you sure that the rear window is related to NB? I see that they are loading things that are not related to bombs. I don't think that this plane is a NB. All the NB that I remember have the late camouflage and black undersurfaces.
Regards
Massimo
66misos

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2017, 09:19:22 AM »

Hi Massimo,
I will check those windows.

What about this painting scheme?

Not sure about this one - it has bomb load, but rear gunner window is closed and the re no windows on the front doors near cockpit. Red star has only white outline like that one I mentioned in my previous post.

This one is definitely NB version - note the gun in the nose and also in the rear gunner window.

NB with the light blue undersurfaces:

regards,
   66misos
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 09:36:27 AM by 66misos » Logged

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2017, 09:34:44 AM »

Hi Misos,
On the museum plane I can't see the characteristic side window on the nose that was for the bomb aiming device. So I don't think that this restoration is accurate.
I am in doubt on the painting schemes of the instructions, only photos of L-2NB I have seen show black undersurfaces, side window and some type of 3 shades camo, usually with numbers on the rudder.
About the 3 shades camo pattern, it's a difficult question. There are both simple patterns with large and straight bands, both complex ones. there are a pair of photos of 3-colors Li-2 (not NB I think) on available photos, one is that of the photos of La-5 and 7 said to be of 4 GIAP KBF, whose link has been uploaded on the forum about a month ago. I can look for the other one later.
Regards
Massimo
66misos

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2017, 09:56:54 AM »

Hi Massimo,
I went through your page at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/li-2/li-2camo/li2-camo.htm, neither there is a photo showing whole plane reliably identified NB version in blac-green camo and showing red stars and board window and bomb racks/load.
Anyhow, latter the rear gunner window was covered with the metal/armour plate so it was not prominent:

Seems that profile with the black-green camo will be more-less what-if or at least questionable matter. I have to move on, so unless better photo appears in next couple of days I will let that "Red 55" as the NB version.
I still have to make 4-view of the NB version in the late war 3-color camo - neither there is situation clear enough. Huh And then Pe-2...
Regards,
   66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2017, 12:42:32 PM »

Hi Misos,
personally I wouln't draw any NB with black-green camo. The rear window of n.55 with a machine gun wasn't exclusive of NB in any way, and the plane is being loaded with other loads. Even the font mg isn't necessarily indicative of a bomber.
Regards
Massimo
66misos

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2017, 11:27:31 PM »

Hi,
finished, although a bit questionable, black-green Li-2NB:

4-view of the "NB" in 3-color camo will follow.
Regards,
   66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2017, 04:36:15 PM »

Hi Misos,
questionable but nice.
regards
Massimo
66misos

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2017, 08:26:14 PM »

Hi Massimo,
thank you Smiley

Here is another Li-2NB, now in the three-color camouflage:

It should be this plane:

I have found 3 different interpretations of this plane, this is how I see it. Views from the other side, top and bottom still will come.
Regards,
   66misos
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 09:41:56 PM by 66misos » Logged

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2017, 07:10:32 AM »

Hi Misos,
nice profile. I agree that the photo is of difficult interpretation, it seems to suggest an anomalous overdiffusion of the light brown.
Regards
Massimo
barneybolac

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2017, 08:25:59 AM »

Shocked
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: