Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Pe-2 profiles
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 11:32:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Pe-2 profiles  (Read 15426 times)
AC26

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2017, 09:55:17 PM »

Hi,

If I remember correct there is a picture of Rakov in front of the nose with the Guard's emblem. Unfortunately I'm not with my references and I don't remember which side it was. Perhaps it was in one of the Red Stars-books by Geust et al.

Cheers,

AaCee
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2017, 06:57:32 AM »

Hi misos,
looks good.
Is the lower color intended as AMT-7? I think that the semigloss finish of the plane is more compatible with AMT than with A-m paints.
I would make the camouflage more soft, at least on some areas.
Regards
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2017, 07:19:20 PM »

Hi AC,
on Red Stars vol.1 there is the photo of Rakov aside the engine, not showing new details.

Hi Misos,
if we assume that the medium color is grey and the dark one is green, then the right stabilizer is grey, as the band over the oval window; the wing seems similar to that of template 1, with the grey part widened up to a wide part of the rear edge of the wing, a green band through the aileron, then grey again with a green engine cowling.
On the photos, the light blue isn't much lighter than the brown, so you could take AMT-7 as a match.
Regards
Massimo
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2017, 12:06:38 AM »

Hi,
thanks for comments.
Here is WIP of the top view. Massimo, I made it this way, plus I applied there some repainting to show slightly different shades of particular colors.

Regards,
   66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2017, 02:17:23 PM »

Hi Misos,
the perspectical deformation of the star  on the fuselage is wrong. The upper tip should be less flattened, while the flattening should increase going to the center line of the star that is almost vertical, then very compressed when seen from above.
Regards
Massimo
66misos

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2017, 10:36:18 AM »

Hi Massimo,
thank for comment. I corrected stars and also Guard badges on the nose. Here is finished topview profile:

EDIT: corrected picture

Regards,
   66misos
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 02:34:21 PM by 66misos » Logged

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2017, 01:55:46 PM »

Hi Misos,
the star isn't still good, The sides of the upper tip of the star have to be concave, not convex, when the side part is more compressed than it.
Regards
Massimo
66misos

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2017, 02:38:54 PM »

Hi Massimo,
upper tips of the stars are concave now - I updated profile in my previous post. I have to say they looks better this way. Thank you for patience. Wink
Regards,
   66misos

66misos

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2017, 01:46:58 AM »

Hi,
and finally here is finished bottom view:

EDIT:

I changed underside blue to better represent late war blue, which was darker/more saturated than prewar/early war blue. However, while blue color in 16bit TIF format is exactly what I meant and see on my monitor in Photoshop, blue color in 8bit JPG format is a bit shifted to more greenish/turquoise shade.

Regards,
   66misos
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 08:44:13 AM by 66misos » Logged

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2017, 06:58:16 AM »

Hi Misos, it is a beautiful drawing. But I still suspect that the blue of the bottom should be more saturated.
Regards
Massimo
66misos

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2017, 09:12:12 AM »

Hi Massimo,
thank you for comments. All pictures here are in JPG format. However, it has only 8bit color per channel, so it gives a bit different colors from original PS or TIF which have 16bit colors. On the other side, same picture in TIF is roughly 10x bigger than in JPG.
I will check it next days.
Thanks again for your help, without your comments all these profiles (I mean not only these Pe-2) would not be so good.
Regards,
   66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2017, 02:55:34 PM »

Hi Misos,
of course you are welcome.
Regards
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2017, 01:35:40 PM »

Hi Misos,
it's better now.
I'm aware of differences in visualization of colors due to the format, the monitor and the program.
regards
Massimo
otto

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2018, 01:46:21 PM »

Beautiful profiles, Misos!
They are especially welcome because I plan to make a 1/48 Pe-2!
As you see in this thread:
http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/board/index.php?topic=2168.0
on both lateral windscreen windows there are three slanting lines. I suppose they are painted, perhaps in white, but I'm not sure at all. For all I know, they could even be tense steel wires: anybody has an idea?
The only certain thing is that they are there, but all the models I saw miss them. I don't know if and how can I reproduce them, but for sure I will try.
I think you should add them in your drawings.
More Pe-2 profiles, please: we need them! Grin
PG monster

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2019, 08:33:48 AM »

Оту more profile-ready "pawn"
http://waralbum.ru/370693/
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: