Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
U-2 trainer-bomber, 763rd LNBAP, Caucassus, 1942 WIP.
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 01:46:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: U-2 trainer-bomber, 763rd LNBAP, Caucassus, 1942 WIP.  (Read 4871 times)
Javier Planells

« on: June 28, 2017, 01:17:04 AM »

Hi guys,

this is the second U-2 in the series. It's the ICM kit with South Front decals. Lots of finesse and details. But the propeller turns the wrong way and the twin upper collector is missing (?). Painted with AIIz and AII silver grey from Hataka. Very nice paints, the original were quite battered and patched up machines so I tried to replicate that mixing with some AMT-4 and Night colours. Got to put it all together, but I don't know what the bomb rack colour is for a converted trainer. A-14, Sero-sediki, AIIg or AMT-7?

Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Playing the mandolin is like tossing darts at people: when you do they move their feet rather quick!
learstang

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 05:40:34 PM »

Very nice Kukuruznik, Javier! I have this same kit, along with the old KP kit. As you say, lots of detail, but the propeller rotating the wrong way - I'll have to look out for that! I would think the bomb racks would be the underside colour, but I can't be certain about that. The U-2 isn't my area of expertise, yet.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 10:09:03 PM »

Hi Javier, nice work. Pity for the wrong propeller.
I think that a plane painted green before the war should have the stars over the wings too, or have them deleted after the war outbreak. If so, you could make patches for the deletion of the stars on both wings.
regards
Massimo
Javier Planells

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2017, 02:12:45 AM »

Very nice Kukuruznik, Javier! I have this same kit, along with the old KP kit. As you say, lots of detail, but the propeller rotating the wrong way - I'll have to look out for that! I would think the bomb racks would be the underside colour, but I can't be certain about that. The U-2 isn't my area of expertise, yet.

Regards,

Jason

Hi Jason. Thanks for your kind words! Yes, I thought about doing so, but since the aircraft was silver, I'm not sure if that was the colour for the racks. On other U-2 light bombers it seems they were pain ted a dark colour, hence the dilemma. A few examples:

A real oldie but goldie (look at the windshields), with cannisters and even a replacement prop tied to the lower wing!

A very well known picture, the dark colour stands out here against the silver wing:

A downed example, in winter cammo:

Another well known picture, the racks seem to be a dark gray, or maybe sero-sediki like the bomb casing.

Food for thought indeed!

Playing the mandolin is like tossing darts at people: when you do they move their feet rather quick!
Javier Planells

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2017, 02:19:57 AM »

Hi Javier, nice work. Pity for the wrong propeller.
I think that a plane painted green before the war should have the stars over the wings too, or have them deleted after the war outbreak. If so, you could make patches for the deletion of the stars on both wings.
regards
Massimo

Hi Massimo!

I covered them with some darkened AIIz, since the planes in the picture are really battered, even taking into account how B/W film plays with colours. Here's the original:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10211756902541742&l=4da900137a

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2017, 09:09:25 AM »

Hi Javier,
http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic_t_9828.html
here are two photos of a rs-82 rocket and rail from an Hurricane. Anyway it is hard to see paint between cleaned metal and old mud. I think to see some black paint on the rail and olive green on the rocket, but I can't be sure.
Regards
Massimo
PG monster

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2018, 05:34:13 AM »

Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Sadly I can't enjoy the pix, I see photobucklet's messages only : "No 3rd party hosting" Sad
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: