Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
T-80BV
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 08:13:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: T-80BV  (Read 5402 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« on: August 31, 2017, 01:52:54 PM »

Hi all,
I would share some photos of one of the models that I've built in recent time.

This is a T-80BV of Trumpeter, 1/35.
The model is built out of the box, apart for the crew that was obtained from a box of Soviet tankers of Dragon, whose positions were widely reworked.
This type of uniform was utilized in late '80s and very early '90s, so I can attribute this tank to that range of time.

Massimo
otto

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 09:18:58 AM »

Good job, Massimo! After having great fun with the Terminator, I think I will make more modern Russian tanks, sooner or later. Now I am in WW1 mood...
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 01:59:31 PM »

Hi Otto,
very interesting biplane, is it a Pfalz in wide scale? The body of the pilot is particularly convincing.
I have many kits of planes of ww1 still to build, the thing that discourages me is to deal with the wiring. What system will you use for your one?
Regards
Massimo
otto

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 02:34:38 PM »

It's a Wingnut Wings Pfalz D.IIIa 1/32. I already built another one, it's one of my favourite subjects:

On 1/32 biplanes the main problem with rigging is not the wire, but the turnbuckles. I used 0.13 mm and 0.08 mm fishing line. I made the turnbuckles by following the tips I found here:
http://www.ww1aircraftmodels.com/page8.html

Gas-Patch models makes 3D-printed metal turnbuckles: they are beautiful but expensive.
In my opinion, making the turnbuckles makes sense in 1/32 scale. Up to 1/48, you can effectively simulate them with little drops of white glue, working them with tweezers to make them look like eyelets.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 03:42:38 PM »

Hi Otto,
your model is very beautiful.
I think to have seen the site of Wingnut models and a collection of marvellous models.
The tip on the turnbuckles is interesting, but all my biplanes are in 1/72. the thinnest wire available seems to be 0.08 mm for fishing or similar.
I've bought some thin elastic wire for fishing too, I think it could give good results but I am not confident into the durability of a gum wire. Have you any suggestion for this?
Regards
Massimo
otto

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 04:05:28 PM »

Massimo, I opened a new topic on this theme here:
http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/board/index.php?topic=2289.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: