Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Facebook photo.
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 03:24:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook photo.  (Read 3742 times)
barneybolac

« on: October 05, 2017, 06:43:05 PM »

No other information other that it was bought at an auction.

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 09:29:02 PM »

Hi,
very beautiful photo. Thank you for sharing.
The plane is built in Zavod 1 in early 1942, as one can see from the unusual exhaust stacks. The rear fuselage is streghtened by fasteners. Interesting slogan and bolt on the fuselage. The rudder was replaced with the one of another plane. Number black 29. Seems that the white painting on the tail is a regimental mark.  The whitish blotch on the fin could be winter camouflage.
Regards
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 09:54:43 AM »

Hi all,
I showed the photo to Ruchkovsky and he pointed on a strange detail, unclear if it is a defect of the photo, a damage of the plane or some artwork.

I think that it is a negative portrait of Lenin made by chalk by German soldiers. It is positioned to receive the bolt in his front.

Regards
Massimo
barneybolac

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 10:39:09 AM »

Hi all,
I showed the photo to Ruchkovsky and he pointed on a strange detail, unclear if it is a defect of the photo, a damage of the plane or some artwork.

I think that it is a negative portrait of Lenin made by chalk by German soldiers. It is positioned to receive the bolt in his front.

Regards
Massimo

Its a corpse I think its wearing a fur hat and coat. The collar is pulled up around the face.

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 02:29:50 PM »

Hi, it seems this, but it doesn't interrupt the light color of undersurfaces. Perhaps it is a ghost pilot.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: