Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Yakovlev I-26 profile
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 03:02:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Yakovlev I-26 profile  (Read 4802 times)
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« on: November 18, 2017, 12:14:01 AM »

Hi,
here I started work on the profile of Yakovlev prototype I-26 no.1 (I-26-1):

Here is original:

and here is its fate - April 27, 1940:

Regards,
   66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 05:40:51 PM »

Hi Misos,
the impression from the photo is that the windshield should be a bit higher. Besides the rear lower profile of the fuselage and of cooler of the photo looks more curved, and the profile under the nose looks more protruding where the series planes have the oil cooler. The pitot probe should be silver. The rear fillet of the rudder should be red.
I remember to have had an unpleasant discussion with EP about this plane, he sustained that it was all painted with VIAM B3 maroon, citating a page of Russian book. Airacobra wrote that he had that book and there was not written this thing. Then, it was clarified that VIAM B3 is a glue and not a paint. Great EP!
Regards
Massimo
66misos

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 08:02:02 PM »

Hi Massimo,
thank you for corrections. I overlayed photo and reworked mentioned areas.
EDIT: see my post below.
Regarding color, I preffer this page http://airfield.narod.ru/yak/i-26/i-26_color.html rather that EP ;-)
Regards,
   66misos
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 10:52:11 PM by 66misos » Logged

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 09:09:37 PM »

Hi Misos,
the drawing is certainly improved.
Now I see that the front edge of the tail should begin to be curved in a lower position, as it was on your first version of the drawing of I-16. It was different from production Yak-1 and from I-26-2.
There should be a small protrusion, a cap, in the lower part of the cooler. The flap of the cooler shoud be straight. The lower part of fuselage should be a bit more curved. The front panel of the windshield should end somewhat higher of the horizontal struts so the profile of its upper clear panel should be more horizontal (at least on I-26-2, but I think it was the same on I-26-1; some retouched photos show a wrong profile for this). 
In my opinion, the upper lip of the ventral intake should be a bit raised. Now the rudder hinge line cuts the elevators.
Regards
Massimo
66misos

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 10:41:03 PM »

Hi Massimo,
thanks a lot. Here is another version after corrections according to your post above:

Regards,
   66misos

« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 01:10:29 AM by 66misos » Logged

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2017, 08:59:07 AM »

Hi Misos,
this is a good improvement.
My impression from photos is that the lower 2/3 of the leading edge of the fin should be straight, and the last 1/3 curved.
The cap should be smaller (1/2) and moved back about at mid of the cooler.
The spinner should have more straight sides, and end in a spherical surface of constant curvature.
Regards
Massimo
66misos

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2017, 12:27:16 PM »

Hi Massimo,
thank you for comment. Here is profile after another corrections (as photo and line drawings enabled to do).
I have to move on, I already started making it "3D":

Regards,
   66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2017, 06:27:31 AM »

Hi Misos,
3 views you mean?
It would be great to pass to real 3d drawings as those of the flight simulators.
Regards
Massimo
66misos

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2017, 06:54:05 AM »

Hi Massimo,
by "3D" I meant shining, shadows and 3D-like appearance, not flat vector picture. However, maybe I will try also real 3D modeling sometime in the future.

Here is finished I-26-1:

Regards,
   66misos
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 08:07:15 AM by 66misos » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: