Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Yakovlev Yak-1 & Yak-1b profiles
Sovietwarplanes
April 19, 2024, 04:37:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Yakovlev Yak-1 & Yak-1b profiles  (Read 29230 times)
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2020, 09:36:06 PM »

Hi PG monster,

perfect work. Wink

Here are slightly reworked brush strokes on the White 404:

regards,
   66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2020, 09:24:25 AM »

Hi all,
I've uploaded the profiles of plane 27, 402 and 404 on two new pages that can be accessed from here: http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/yak1/yak1profiles.htm

Well done, Misos, I hope to see further works from you soon.

Regards
Massimo
PG monster

« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2020, 09:52:02 AM »

Excuse me, there http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/yak1/Misos/20iap/20iap.htm a typo in the URL :
"Source of the photo: http://www.airfield.narod.ru/yak/yak.html "
the space after ".html " so we get 404 error.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2020, 09:04:31 PM »

Hi,
thank you for the warning, I've fixed it.
Regards
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2020, 07:30:07 AM »

I like the camouflage on '404' - great work, Mikael!

Best Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
66misos

« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2021, 12:25:49 AM »

Hi,
here I have started work on Pokrovskiy's Yak-1b, 2 giap SF, inspired by this article http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/board/index.php?topic=873.new#new:
I decided for silver upper surfaces and blue tail.

and here is the source photo found at the internet:

There is no publicly known photo of this plane. But because this plane is painted by the same guy is this Stepanian's Il-2M http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/il-2/il2-camo/il-2m/stepanyan/stepanyan.html, its front part was very probably also quite colorful. So I'll come up with something ;-)

Regards,
   66misos
« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 12:44:39 PM by 66misos » Logged

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2021, 07:12:47 AM »

Hi Misos,
looks very well made.
I think to see another dark area on the mast. Could the oblique cut be due to some wiring?
Regards
Massimo
66misos

« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2021, 03:00:32 PM »

Hi Massimo,
thank you for comment. Here is my final interpretation. If correct, who knows...

Regards,
   66misos
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 09:13:32 PM by 66misos » Logged

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2021, 09:04:10 PM »

Hi Misos,
very nice drawing. I would move a bit upwards the star on the tail, the photo shows that the white edge is cutten by the profile of the fin.
Regards
Massimo
66misos

« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2021, 11:36:56 PM »

Hi Massimo,

thank you for comment. Star on the tail moved a bit upwards, picture replaced.

Regards,
   66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2021, 09:59:32 AM »

Hi Misos,
will you send a page with this profile for the site?
 If I remember well, there was another profile of Yak-9 that is still waiting, isn't it?
Regards
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2021, 11:03:02 PM »

Ok, received. I'll upload both pages tomorrow. Thank you.
Massimo
66misos

« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2021, 11:17:17 PM »

Hi Massimo,

thank you for posting my articles.

In the meantime I browsed through https://www.vif2ne.org/nvi/forum/0/0.htm (unfortunately it does not give a link to the particular post) and I found there an interesting discussion from 2012 about this colorful Yak-1b. It is in Russian language, here are some interesting info translated to English.

EDIT: Regarding Pokrovskiy, it is reliably known that he was transferred from the 2 giap of the Northern Fleet Air Force in May 1943 to a new duty station, unfortunately there is no exact information yet where exactly. Presumably at first to the VMAU (Военно-морское авиационное училище - school for military naval aviators) and then to the Black Sea Fleet Air Force.

From interview with V.A. Tikhomirov: "In May 1943 I was promoted to junior lieutenant, and in the same month I was sent to the flight commander course, where I took a course in flight and combat use on a Yak-1 aircraft. There were three squadrons in the (flight commanders) course: fighter squadrons (commander - Hero of the Soviet Union Pokrovskiy), attack squadron (commander - Hero of the Soviet Union Stepanyan) and bombers (commander - Nikolaev)."

Yak-1 is Pojkrovskiy's plane from the time when he was already transferred from Northern Fleet to the Black Sea Fleet Air Force (unit not known), also at the end of the war. It is doubtful that the painter/artist traveled like that, although anything can be...

Pilot in the Yak-1 cockpit is (allegedly) Pokrovskiy.

Il-2 plane belongs to 2 HSU Nelson Stepanyan, Baltics, 1945 (?)

Plane painted in the similar style but not related to the Yak-1 and Il-2 from above:

But the Yak-1 and Pokrovskiy are two things not compatible with the place and time during period of his stay in the regiments. Allegedly first-hand information is that Pokrovskiy was filmed near this plane somewhere in Bulgaria. After completed operations in Romania the parts of the Black Sea Fleet Air Force were based in Bulgaria - 6 giap and others. The defective plane stood at the edge of the airfield (in the photo you can see, despite retouching, removed water radiator and missing cockpit canopy) and such a painted plane attracted attention of the photographer...
Spepanyan's plane on the photo (in other occasion) is without a machine gun in the gunner cockpit.
From these two facts and Tikhomirov's memories the assumption was born that these planes were painted at one place - at the flight commander course. From the point of view of the formal logic such a colorful painting could have taken place on the planes in the rear regiments, but in active units?

Regards,
   66misos
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 10:32:25 AM by 66misos » Logged

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2021, 07:17:25 AM »

Hi Misos,
if I have understood well, you think that the Yak-1 was Pokrovsky's plane painted at the flight commander course of the Northern Fleet, and then was flown  to the Southern front?
I hadn't noted the lack of the cooler.

Regards
Massimo
66misos

« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2021, 11:08:04 AM »

Hi Massimo,

Based on the info in my previous post it seems that Pokrovskiy was in VMAU when Stepanyam with his colorful Il-2 was there also.
But also seems that Pokrovskiy was accidentally photographed in the colorful Yak-1 that belonged to someone else during completely different occasion, in different time & location - somewhere in Bulgaria. This could possibly explain why he did not remember details about colors of that highly "personalized" plane. I know it was some forty years ago, but if that plane was painted according to his instructions, who knows. I remember color and some stickers, decorations and other details of our first car when I was child some forty years ago...

Regards,
   66misos
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 11:12:47 AM by 66misos » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to: