Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Yakovlev Yak-1 & Yak-1b profiles
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 03:04:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Yakovlev Yak-1 & Yak-1b profiles  (Read 28911 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2017, 09:52:10 PM »

Hi Misos,
strange indeed. The rear painting of the blades seem different too.
The tiny antenna mast and wires could have been cutten on a retouched photo.
My impression is that the photos were made in different photo sessions, at least, and possibly with different planes.
I wonder if any uncropped version of the photo from the left do exist to see if it is numbered 1.
On the profile, the black blotch over the wing should go up at the end of the plate on the cockpit's side.
Regards
Massimo
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2017, 07:05:16 AM »

Hi Massimo,
it really looks like two different planes.
According to the http://www.airaces.narod.ru/all1/baran_md.htm he shot down 4 (in text) or 5 (in table) planes in August 6, 1942, the last one was hit by wing of Baranov's Yak and Baranov he bailed out. After a week on Augut 12 he was awarded HSU. According to Pravda article from August 13, 1942 he destroyed 4 planes.

Thank you for note about that blotch, I have it also on my 1/48 kit. I added it to the picticture and here is fihished view from the left side:

Regards,
   66misos
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 04:51:03 AM by 66misos » Logged

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2017, 08:25:51 AM »

Hi Misos,  it looks excellent. I just wonder if it was really n.1, and if the slogans shown on photo of the other side were on this one too.
Regars
Massimo
Johann

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2017, 12:08:35 PM »

66misos

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2017, 01:39:27 PM »

Hi,
thank you for comments and posted photos. Massimo, it is really suspitious that all photos from the left side are basicaly closeups, no photo shows the whole plane. It really looks like they wanted to cover the board number, presumably other than "1".

Here is finished view from the right side:

EDIT: Upper borderof the starlets and inscription aligned paralle to the top of the fuselage according to this photo:

Intentionally there are only 23 victory starlets and they are bigger. And also intentionally the camouflage colors under & around inscription and starlets are a bit darker, it is a fresh local repainting before photo sessions.
Also the red star on the left side is corrected:

Seems my profile is a mix of two different planes, let's say artistic licence.
Some more info at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/board/index.php?topic=1547.30
Regards,
   66misos
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 04:51:48 AM by 66misos » Logged

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2017, 03:00:18 PM »

Hi Johann,
thank you for the photos.
The first photo shows a repetitive pattern on the right-low corner, sure sign of cloning. The photo was retouched, but this doesn't necessarily mean that another number was visible.
Hi Misos,
None of the photos from the left side shows the small radio mast and wires; I think that this confirms that it is not the same plane photographed from the right side.
Anyway, nothing demonstrates that it wasn't painted on both sides.
Only, the victory starlets on the right side should have an oblique alignment to match the photo.
Regards
Massimo
66misos

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2017, 05:40:50 PM »

Hi Massimo,
thank you for comment. I corrected it and replaced picture in my previous post above.

Here is work in progress views from the top and from the bottom:

Hope the basic drawing is correct and that there no (big) errors.
Regards,
   66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2017, 06:05:30 PM »

Hi Misos,
I think that the starlets are a bit too inclined now. A half-way would be better.
Regards
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2017, 06:55:56 PM »

66misos, those Yaks are looking very good! I'm working on the book right now. Those profiles will add a lot to the book.

Best Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
66misos

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2017, 08:57:35 AM »

Hi Gents,
thanks for comments.
Massimo, I am not sure the starlets go too obliquely. I aligned them (and inscription) according to these photos - at the top the starlets are pretty parallel with the top of the fuselage and at the bottom they are quite oblique to the edge on the side of the fuselage:

However, may be the fuselage star could be a bit bigger.

Interesting info from the VIF: Huh Sad

https://www.vif2ne.org/nvi/forum/0/archive/56/56173.htm:
"...veteran from the same regiment as Baranov told me how it was in their regiment "The correspondents came, the victory starlets were immediately painted and photos were immediately shot. Baranov did not fly in this plane either before or after!"

https://www.vif2ne.org/nvi/forum/0/archive/75/75178.htm:
"You can clearly see (on the photo fron the left) that the "decor" is staged - for the photo session. It is a pity that no other photos from 183 iap are known that could show the style/font of the fuselage numbers. And I also heard from the veteran form that regiment that the board number "1" is also staged, the original number was "17."

Regards,
   66misos

Johann

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2017, 05:54:53 PM »

It is a pity that no other photos from 183 iap are known

But why...

66misos

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2017, 09:59:12 PM »

Hi Johann,
Thank you for photo.

Here is a little progress:

Regards,
   66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2017, 05:03:48 PM »

Hi Misos,
now that I think, the lower outlines of the side windows of the windshield should be curved in the opposite way, with the concavity outside. If I don't miss, the windows are flat and intersecate a nearly-cylindrical upper fuselage surface.
Regards
Massimo
66misos

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2017, 09:12:05 PM »

Hi Massimo,
thank you for comment. You are right. I reworked those rear windows according to my kit in 1/48. Original windows were according to the line drawing.

EDIT: Corrected picture in my next post
Regards,
   66misos
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 04:54:03 AM by 66misos » Logged

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2017, 10:29:18 PM »

Hi Misos,
I meant that the winshield is wrong, the side panels should be flat. the drawing shows them curved as on LaGG-3.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: