Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
The most accurate drawings of La-5
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 08:11:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: The most accurate drawings of La-5  (Read 54215 times)
Johann

« on: December 13, 2017, 11:33:26 AM »

Greetings to all. I make drawings for the plane La-5 / 5f / 5fn, taking into account the issues of different types and plants Based on factory drawings and authentic books describing the elements of the design. Will it be interesting? Will the process itself be interesting? The plans for the same work on LaGG-3 are different types and plants.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 11:48:10 AM by Johann » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 01:54:51 PM »

Hi Johann,
yes, the work on drawings is interesting. I think that many drawings now available are unaccurate; besides available drawings of LaGG-3, La-5, La-7 often show differences between the types that probably weren't real.
Please keep us updated on this work.
Regards
Massimo
Johann

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 03:05:30 PM »

Massimo, thank you for your interest. At the moment, the lateral projection is almost ready La-5F of late release is almost ready. How to finish I will show the work in a normal quality. While only a sketch, that would not be lost interest)

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 03:38:40 PM »

Hi Johann,
from a first comparison with photos, I think that the engine cowling is a bit thin and it should be made thicker downwards. Profile photos show that the lower shape of the nose starts to be inclined downwards starting from mid of the main wheels bay.
Regards
Massimo
Johann

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 04:26:40 PM »

This is not quite true. Visibility of the sagging of the hood is visual distortion due to the open chassis niches and the volume of the oil cooler. If we draw a line from the bottom line of the center wing to the hood line, then we will see that they are aligned on the same line.

Johann

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2017, 07:06:58 PM »

Now it takes a little time, as they say - to catch fleas. Search and correction of small inaccuracies.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 08:39:43 PM by Johann » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2017, 09:27:06 PM »

Hi,
is there any measure of the diameter of the cowling? It should be a bit larger than the cowling of La-7. Pity that none La-5 has survived.
Regards
Massimo
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2017, 09:40:36 PM »

Hi Johan,
excellent work. I hope you do not mind if I use them sometime in the future when I would like to make profile of some Lavochkins.
Regards,
   66misos

Johann

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2017, 10:27:42 PM »

Hi,
is there any measure of the diameter of the cowling? It should be a bit larger than the cowling of La-7. Pity that none La-5 has survived.
Regards
Massimo

The diameter of the M-82A / F / FN itself is 1260 mm
Full hood diameter 1300 mm

Check it is as follows ... 12th spank from the bottom to the axis of the stabilizer 650mm

superimpose a double size of 1300mm on the circuit

the same thing in the photo (even with the condition of distortion of the photograph we get all the same 1300mm)

Johann

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2017, 10:30:39 PM »

Hi Johan,
excellent work. I hope you do not mind if I use them sometime in the future when I would like to make profile of some Lavochkins.
Regards,
   66misos

I do not see this as a problem, if there is to attend my little brand)))
How I will end that I will share in good quality by drawings.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2017, 08:01:05 AM »

Hi,
interesting considerations. Do you know the diameter of the cowling of La-7 too?

Regards
Massimo
Johann

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2017, 08:52:37 AM »

Hi,
interesting considerations. Do you know the diameter of the cowling of La-7 too?

Regards
Massimo

In principle, they should be the same. But more accurately I can say more late in the evening.
Johann

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2017, 08:55:06 AM »

I made the outline of the plan from above.

Completed a couple of small things in the plans from the side

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2017, 02:52:15 PM »

Hi,
For what I know, La-7 had cooling problems that La-5 hadn't. I suppose that they could be related to a small change in diameter that reduced the spaces between the heads and the cowling.
Another thing: please, check the radius at the base of the fin. Photos give a sharper impression, with the radius beginning not forward of the stabilizers.
Regards
Massimo
Johann

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2017, 07:17:49 PM »

Here is a complete list of changes in the design of La-7 in comparison with La-5FN. In short - what about the hood.

1) Chilled cooling louver
2) Changed exhaust pipes
3) Changed bonnet and bonnet system
The length and diameter did not affect anything and it remained the same.

Problems with the cooling of the engine were only in the early issues before the installation of new baffle block diffusers and hermitization of the hood. After the situation was corrected and even improved in comparison with the La-5FN

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: