Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
The most accurate drawings of La-5
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 08:21:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: The most accurate drawings of La-5  (Read 54217 times)
Johann

« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2018, 09:43:21 AM »

At La-7 there were 3 different types of propeller fairings. Early than anything other than the ratchet did not differ from La-5. Later were either compound where there is a difference in curvature or one-part ones - they are a little shorter. I will indicate all three types
Johann

« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2018, 10:25:10 PM »

Massimo - I will allow myself to return to the old conversation about the curvature of the wing. Here is another picture where it is clearly visible.

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2018, 06:17:22 PM »

Hi Johann,
this is convincing. So, all drawings and models made up to now have to be wrong. Terrible!
Regards
Massimo
Johann

« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2018, 11:05:45 PM »

In real size, this section of 650mm with a deviation of 2.5 * It is almost not noticeable. I when collected on La-5 materials too if fairly did not pay to this attention, yet did not pay attention to the drawing of a wing from the book of the technical description. He compared the wings of LaGG-3 and La-5 ... For a long time he looked at all sorts of pictures ... This curvature is noticeable only if the wing is fully or 85-90% view from above. But the fact remains that the wings of the wing are crooked. For me it was a revelation.
And as for the drawings - there are still no more or less correct drawings on either LaGG-3 or La-5. It's unfortunate, but they are not all right ((((And it's not just in the wing.) After analyzing the drawings of 5 different authors, the hood, the keel, the distance and the contours of the fuselage, the angle of docking and the flanking of the wing are not correct
With all this, I'm very sad that 4 out of 5 Russian authors. And they can not make the correct drawings of the Russian aircraft (((((
learstang

« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2018, 04:30:26 AM »

One big problem with determining the exact dimensions and contours of the LaGG-3 and La-5 is that being mostly wooden, none have survived to the present day except in pieces. At least with the La-7, there are two preserved examples, the example at the Czech Prague-Kbely museum, and Ivan Kozhedub's machine at Monino, Russia.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2018, 06:10:27 AM »

Hi Johan,
excellent work - bot drawings and supporting material/photos as a evidence. Great!
Will you do also LaGG-3?
Regards,
   66misos

Johann

« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2018, 08:50:05 AM »

I already mentioned - I want to make all production series LaGG-3, La-5 and La-7
Johann

« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2018, 11:06:56 AM »

A little work with La-7

early series (late all I will not do is just give as an insertion the modified elements)

3 guns

Czechoslovak license

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2018, 01:21:22 PM »

Hi Johann,
it looks an excellent work.
My only complain is about the spinner, that doesn't resemble perfectly to what I see on photos.
About Czech La-7, I don't think that they were built on license. They were supplied from Soviet stocks at the end of the war, the larger tail wheel and the ring aerial are postwar Czech modifications visible on few photos, both on 2-guns and 3-guns planes.
Regards
Massimo
Johann

« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2018, 01:40:41 PM »

Yes, but they still differed in wing fusion, heat-resistant panels and ventilation of the cabin. But in this case, no one of the Soviet photographs of the same elements were not observed.
Johann

« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2018, 02:10:16 PM »

My only complain is about the spinner, that doesn't resemble perfectly to what I see on photos.

But I wrote that on La-7 there were 3 types of a fairing of the screw. But the problem is that to systematize what on which series was. And based on the fact that it was possible to put what were at the moment in the warehouse here is already confusion. I'll make all 3 titles on the tab.

cook from La-5

cook of a later type

cook of a completely different form.

At La-7 could and the blade of the propeller is different. I will also do this as a tab. By the way, on La-7 there were 2 types of basic chassis stoic
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 02:12:52 PM by Johann » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2018, 06:48:41 PM »

I suggest to consider only photos closely from the side. In my opinion, all the spinners are the same, and apparently identical to those of La-9/11.
Regards
Massimo
Johann

« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2018, 07:42:44 PM »

On the first photo with a ratchet for a starter. On the second one already without him, On the third is another form.

Here are the varieties of fairings that can be seen in the photographs La-7.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 08:01:41 PM by Johann » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #73 on: January 07, 2018, 10:31:47 AM »

Hi,
in my idea, none of the shapes reflect well the one I see on photos. The diameter around the line in front of the blades should be more or less as the second drawing, then a brief part with small radius, then a part nearly conical with wide radius, and the tip should be of small but constant radius as a sphere.  The ogival shape with continuous curvature on most drawings is an illusion due to seeing the plane in perspective from 3/4. Apart for the La-7TK that had the starter tooth, I can't see differences in shape of the spinner of La-7 in all the photos from the side I have seen.
Regards
Massimo
Johann

« Reply #74 on: January 07, 2018, 11:30:28 AM »

In my opinion, it fits perfectly into its own contours.

Massimo you could not depict this fairing? Maybe I'm losing what some little thing?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: