Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
The most accurate drawings of La-5
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 10:50:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
  Print  
Author Topic: The most accurate drawings of La-5  (Read 54225 times)
Johann

« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2018, 01:55:39 AM »

Johann

« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2018, 01:57:05 AM »

Finished La-5 UTI. And La-5FN three production series.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2018, 08:01:44 AM »

Hi,
about La-5UTI, I made a rough page still waiting to be refined and linked from the main page.
http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/la5/la5uti/la5uti.html
I have collected photos of 4 or 5 variants of La-5UTI  (including all types of engine). I hope that they can be useful.
The most documented variant has a rear sliding hood cut obliquely at its end.
Regards
Massimo
otto

« Reply #93 on: January 10, 2018, 08:26:46 AM »

Hello Massimo, your page on the La-5UTI is really welcome: I started a 1/48 Zvezda kit with the AML two-seater conversion, but I temporarily stopped it waiting for better documentation.
Your profile of number 15 is good as usual, but I noticed that the picture shows the extended metal plate under the cockpit behind the exhaust, typical of late series La-5FN, while the profile has the short plate.
Be ready because I have lots of questions on this subject! Grin
Johann

« Reply #94 on: January 10, 2018, 09:03:42 AM »

Massimo - Thank you so much. And then to confess to admit I did not really go into the matter of UTI. And your article is a great help. I think to leave pages with plans for La-5 UTI and add a page with variants of cabs and motors. But only after I specify which assembly is typical of which plant and time

otto - All right. La-5UTI was produced on the basis of both La-5F and la-5FN. Number "15" This is UTI based on La-5FN.
Johann

« Reply #95 on: January 10, 2018, 11:01:44 AM »

Johann

« Reply #96 on: January 10, 2018, 01:47:31 PM »

Johann

« Reply #97 on: January 10, 2018, 02:28:01 PM »

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #98 on: January 10, 2018, 09:20:31 PM »

Hello Massimo, your page on the La-5UTI is really welcome: I started a 1/48 Zvezda kit with the AML two-seater conversion, but I temporarily stopped it waiting for better documentation.
Your profile of number 15 is good as usual, but I noticed that the picture shows the extended metal plate under the cockpit behind the exhaust, typical of late series La-5FN, while the profile has the short plate.
Be ready because I have lots of questions on this subject! Grin
Hi Otto,
you are right, and I fear to have made the same mistake on other profiles too because I never noticed the difference before. I'll have to correct the profiles before their definitive publication.
Regards
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #99 on: January 10, 2018, 09:28:04 PM »

Massimo - Thank you so much. And then to confess to admit I did not really go into the matter of UTI. And your article is a great help. I think to leave pages with plans for La-5 UTI and add a page with variants of cabs and motors. But only after I specify which assembly is typical of which plant and time

otto - All right. La-5UTI was produced on the basis of both La-5F and la-5FN. Number "15" This is UTI based on La-5FN.

Hi Johann,
I'm happy that the work was useful.
I appreciate your drawings of UTI. Just, I think that the rear sliding hood should have a small noticeable step with the rear fuselage.
Another thing: the small ugly photo collage depicts a further model, with open rear canopy but based on a low-back La-5F, with an opaque hump added behind the opening. It was probably a conversion from an existing plane, I don't know if it was unique.
Regards
Massimo
Johann

« Reply #100 on: January 10, 2018, 11:19:40 PM »

Another thing: the small ugly photo collage depicts a further model, with open rear canopy but based on a low-back La-5F, with an opaque hump added behind the opening. It was probably a conversion from an existing plane, I don't know if it was unique.
No, it's a serial car. In addition to the aircraft with the number 07 which is in your publication there is another photo with the number 01 that indicates that the machine is not unique.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 11:21:43 PM by Johann » Logged
Johann

« Reply #101 on: January 11, 2018, 02:18:16 AM »

66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #102 on: January 11, 2018, 05:46:05 PM »

Hi Johann,
AFAIK La-7 had venturi/pitot tube somewhere between main landing gears, usually behind open landing gears door.
I remember I found also photo showing it - Massimo had it on his profile, may be he has that photo (from Kbely?):

Regards,
   66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #103 on: January 11, 2018, 06:05:37 PM »

Hi,
it is represented on the drawings of MBI. I think to have seen the photo on some walkaround too, but I don't remember well where.
Regards
Massimo
Johann

« Reply #104 on: January 11, 2018, 06:54:11 PM »

Yes indeed. I missed this moment. Thank you very much for pointing out the mistake. In the next few days I will correct this defect.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
  Print  

Jump to: