Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
The most accurate drawings of La-5
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 10:41:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
  Print  
Author Topic: The most accurate drawings of La-5  (Read 54224 times)
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #105 on: January 11, 2018, 07:35:10 PM »

Hi Johan,
here is the photo of La-7 in Kbely museum, Prague:

That venturi tube, or whatever it is, is clearly visible between the door of the landing gears.
regards,
   66misos

Johann

« Reply #106 on: January 15, 2018, 07:22:02 PM »

Fixed inaccuracies in the profiles of La-7 La-7UTI and S-97. Replaced profiles. For convenience, you can see everything in the compartment here - http://royalscale.ru/forum/monography
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #107 on: January 15, 2018, 09:54:37 PM »

Very interesting work. Thank you for sharing.
Regards
Massimo
Johann

« Reply #108 on: January 15, 2018, 11:01:55 PM »

Massimo - thanks
In the meantime, I started work on LaGG-3. In parallel I'm working on the addition of La-5 and La-7

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #109 on: January 16, 2018, 09:07:53 AM »

Hi,
I only would suggest not to make a full drawing for Czech ones. They were from Soviet stocks, both two guns and 3 guns, and the modification to the tail wheel and the ring aerial were postwar modifications visible on very few known photos, and involved both variants. It could be better to take these details and add them as alternatives on the drawings of both Soviet types.
Besides, the main version of La-5UTI should be that with the oblique end of the second sliding hood. For what I know, only one photo of the type with the vertical rear frame is known, and it was a reconnaissance plane converted in Leningrad.
Regards
Massimo
Johann

« Reply #110 on: January 16, 2018, 09:34:30 AM »

I will take into account the ears. I do not agree with c97. There is a completely different form of the wing lining. and even on the postwar issues of La7, I have not seen such. We can assume that this is after repair, but at least 3 photos of different planes with this form are known

I also want to more closely compose the drawings. Add a scale ruler. Colleagues say when everything is complete it will be possible to add photos and description and print a book. But the last seems ridiculous)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 09:38:21 AM by Johann » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #111 on: January 16, 2018, 10:34:20 AM »

The history of Czech La-7s is well described in the MBI monograph. They could have had some modification, but they lasted few time. The planes were stopped on the ground for long time after the war to check the conservation of the wood parts, then their use was confirmed safe but the planes were already old.
To publish a book with photos, one should have rights on the photos and high resolution scans. It is the main thing that stopped me till now. For La-7s, photos of the museum of Prague could be a good staty. The plane of monino could be interesting, but looks in worst state, with the engine and cowling bended strangely downwards.
Some uncomplete remains of La-5 do exist in USA, it could be good to have some measurements on them, at least for the width of the fuselage.
Regards
Massimo
warhawk

« Reply #112 on: January 16, 2018, 11:55:48 AM »

Massimo - thanks
In the meantime, I started work on LaGG-3. In parallel I'm working on the addition of La-5 and La-7

Hello Johann,

I am glad to see that You decided to tackle on the entire La(GG) series.
Regarding the LaGG-3, I would like to point Your attention to Junpei Temma, a Japanese scale modeler, who always draws up his own plans prior to his builds.
He has tackled the LaGG-3 in minute detail, noticing for example, that the 66th series (besides having different windscreen), also had a bit longer cowling.
There were apparently some variations in the trailing edge of the ventral cooler fairing, too.
Sooo, if it's not too late, please take a look at them for some guidance and inspiration.
Yoyuso LaGG-3 (English)

Regards,
Aleksandar
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 11:57:57 AM by warhawk » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #113 on: January 16, 2018, 03:43:07 PM »

Hi Aleksandar,
I am very impressed for this article, these drawings and this model from the Japanese modeler.
Personally, I doubt of the discovery about the nose and how it was obtained. The perspective can easily alter proportions between nose and rear of fuselage.
For what I know, Tbilisi's series 60-70 were lightened  in comparison to previous series. Then, why to extend the nose?
I don't think that the engine or the fuel tank were bigger than previous models. Extending the nose changes the center of gravity, and it must be compensated by shifting the wing forward, or lenghtening the rear of the fuselage, or adding some weight in the rear part of fuselage.
For example, the MiG-3 was longer than the MiG-1 because they have to move the engine forward to balance the fuel tank added behind the water cooler.
If there are other reasons to say that there was a difference in length  of late LaGG-3s, I am interested to know.
Regards
Massimo
Johann

« Reply #114 on: January 16, 2018, 06:49:08 PM »

located more tightly. So it is more convenient or to leave as it was?

« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 07:00:21 PM by Johann » Logged
Johann

« Reply #115 on: January 17, 2018, 07:44:36 AM »

66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #116 on: January 17, 2018, 08:43:25 AM »

Hi
...print a book. But the last seems ridiculous)
Hi Johann,
you could consider to submit and sell your vector drawings via pages like https://www.the-blueprints.com/blueprints. And it would be even better if your drawings have sepparate layers for lines, rivets etc. May be not a lot of money but still better than nothing. You did a serious work so why not have at least a little benefit from it.
Regards,
   66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #117 on: January 17, 2018, 08:55:01 AM »

Hi Johann,
about La-7UTI, the coolers you drew appeared only on few planes. I collected something on La-7UTI here:
http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/la-7/la-7colors/uti/uti.html
Regards
Massimo
Johann

« Reply #118 on: January 18, 2018, 08:39:49 AM »

66misos - I was promised to help solve the issue with photos. It is possible and the book will ...

Massimo Tessitori - This is still not the final version (We are still working with colleagues on the plans)
Johann

« Reply #119 on: January 21, 2018, 01:28:39 PM »

I accidentally stumbled upon two interesting photos of LaGG-3. Maybe someone knows what this squadron is?

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
  Print  

Jump to: