Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
The most accurate drawings of La-5
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 08:23:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
  Print  
Author Topic: The most accurate drawings of La-5  (Read 54218 times)
Johann

« Reply #120 on: February 25, 2018, 01:54:48 PM »

With LaGG-3 Case is moving, but very slowly. There are too many confusions with inter-series machines (I decided at the same time to make technical marking arrangements for LaGG-3 La 5. I hope that it will be useful later.If anyone has any desire to help, there are a few questions about unreadable inscriptions .Suddenly there are photos where you can clearly read what is written on the marking.

Later all will be numbered and separately in a larger size made traforets (with translation into English if needed)
Johann

« Reply #121 on: February 25, 2018, 02:00:52 PM »

And yes, I almost forgot. A few days ago, very little inaccuracies were caught with colleagues. They found, corrected, drank 2 bottles of cognac. We combined useful with pleasant)
As usual, the most recent fixes can be viewed here.

http://royalscale.ru/forum/monography

I hope that I do not violate any rules giving a link to a third-party resource, and not close previews here
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #122 on: February 25, 2018, 04:11:35 PM »

Hi Johann,
no rule violation, it is to your own artwork. It is excellent. Tank you for sharing it. 
Besides, this is full of links to other sources useful for researches.
Regards
Massimo
warhawk

« Reply #123 on: February 25, 2018, 04:23:53 PM »

Great plans, I am glad that You have decided to make a complete study of wartime La series.

One question regarding the La-7 nose:
How did You determine this shape (and lengths "a" and "b")?
I feel nearly all models and other scale drawings get this wrong...

Johann

« Reply #124 on: February 25, 2018, 04:34:18 PM »

All sizes and angles were taken - partly by factory material, partly by technical design books and aircraft assemblies, partly by successful photographs. The truth of the latter is definitely not determined due to distortion. I already wrote that a familiar professional photographer explained the distortion, depending on the exposure and the focal length of the same subject. And about the mistakenness of other drawings and models ... One wing of what it costs. When I drew a wing with my colleagues I thought that somewhere we were wrong, but everything turned out the opposite.
warhawk

« Reply #125 on: February 25, 2018, 04:43:27 PM »

Thanks for the quick explanation.
Please keep up with the good work!

Regards
Aleksandar
Johann

« Reply #126 on: April 07, 2018, 11:34:59 AM »

Kind time of day of the colleague. Almost finished the little manual on La-5. It remains to add a little description and a couple of rare photos. How do you think? Is everything clear and accessible?

http://royalscale.ru/Book/Tom2_Lf-5-obr.pdf
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #127 on: April 07, 2018, 12:46:16 PM »

Hi Johann,
it seems an excellent work. Thank you for sharing it.
Some more notes would be welcome, as the timeframe and number of production of each variant, if they are known.
I would add a profile of a plane of July 1943, the transition time with the new grey camouflage and the old markings without white outline.
Regards
Massimo
Johann

« Reply #128 on: April 07, 2018, 01:00:51 PM »

Yes, thank you, Massimo. I plan to give a description of the basic TTX, with reference, at what time was this or that type released, and indicate their number. In terms of color stains ... I realized that they do not go out with me (((But I'll try to do something with them that they look more beautiful.
Johann

« Reply #129 on: April 07, 2018, 08:27:20 PM »

Perezalil. Has added a page with technical inscriptions, Added a page with sections of the fuselage. Created a page with tactical and technical characteristics and a short list of modifications
http://royalscale.ru/Book/Tom2_Lf-5-obr.pdf
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #130 on: April 07, 2018, 09:03:05 PM »

Hi, I think that there is some error on the sections. The diameter of the first section of the engine doesn't fit with the profile of the cowling. Besides I think that sections should show the protrusions on the cowling, the wing roots, the division between fin and rudder and other details.
Regards
Massimo
Johann

« Reply #131 on: April 07, 2018, 09:42:40 PM »

Oh oh oh ... Massimo thank you. I missed one cross section ((((Probably worth a little rest.) I fixed it, I'll complete the protrusions and joints, but tomorrow's tomorrow.
Johann

« Reply #132 on: April 07, 2018, 11:30:31 PM »

I could not lie down until I corrected the cross sections of the fuselage.
http://royalscale.ru/Book/Tom2_La-5-obr.pdf
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 10:37:26 AM by Johann » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #133 on: April 08, 2018, 12:41:41 PM »

Hi Johann,
the work is certainly improved.
In my opinion, there are some things still to do:
the first section should show the air intake above the cowling; the section where the plate covering the exhaust tubes should show both the inside profile and the outside, and the outside should show the protrusion covering the exhaust pipe;
the pipe itself should be represented there, and the drawing (even the upper view) could show that the exhaust flap can be closed.
It would be interesting to show one more section, with the asymmetrical protrusions for the guns over the nose.
Besides I would add the section of the canopy.

Regards
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #134 on: April 15, 2018, 08:33:47 PM »

Hi Johann,
I see that you have made a page with the evolution of La-5.
I would ask: why the wing of the third profile is painted pink?
Another thing: I think that the change in shape of the tail wheel doors should be remarked with pink too.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
  Print  

Jump to: