Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Czech B-71 camouflage
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 04:05:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Czech B-71 camouflage  (Read 12895 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2017, 10:11:50 PM »

Hi Misos,
I see, it would be good to know if they made researches and what they found.
Are known FS matches for the rudder?
Regards
Massimo
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2017, 10:20:31 AM »

Hi Massimo,

I did not find any info about some deep research. IMHO they used let's say educated guess based on the info they had that time. Note they even did not use "official" names of that colors. And they use incorrect camouflage scheme based on the profile published in L+K (posted at the very first post of this thread), not according to the photos. Basicaly the same approach like all others.

The buildings of the original paint producer together with their archive burnt out after bomb raid in 1945, no info will come from that source.

I would use what I already described in my « Reply #12 on: 21 December 2017 »
Regards,
   66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2017, 03:32:27 PM »

Hi Misos,
what do you think of the colors of this drawing?
Regards
Massimo
66misos

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2017, 04:04:00 PM »

Hi Massimo,
it looks very nice! I would consider following:
1. brown color a bit lighter, bw photos show lower contrast between brown and "dirty green" than your bw picture,
2. outline of the national insignias should be thinner an of the same blue color like blue part of insignia. It was may be painted in the thicker layer with a thin brush, similarly to sometime "darker" red outline of the VVS red stars after summer 1943,
3. AFAIK roof window between cockpit and nose gunner was clear, so it should look more like window over rear gunner position (very nice clear & glossy). Window in your picture is too milky/foggy. But may be I am wrong.

And then, if you do not mind, I would post it at Czech modelforum to see reactions & comments.
Regards,
   66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2017, 06:20:36 PM »

Hi Misos,
I forgot to say, the drawing is of Tapani. I published it for my choice, but it isn't yet finished.
Regards
Massimo
66misos

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2017, 06:48:13 PM »

Hi Massimo,
I thought it is still work in progress and that is why you asked questions, it is easier to correct thing in this stage. I wanted to posted it now because my experience is that people much more likely react on pictures than answer to werbal questions.
Regards,
   66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2017, 05:37:14 PM »

Hi Misos,
in facts, your feedbacks are very useful.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: