Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Facebook find.
Sovietwarplanes
March 19, 2024, 11:23:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook find.  (Read 2878 times)
barneybolac

« on: January 02, 2018, 05:51:02 PM »

Interesting scheme.

"Nikolai Fedorovich Klepikov (right in the lower row) and a group of pilots of the 40th fighter air regiment of the I-16 fighter.
In the right part of the photo, the air starter design elements are visible.

Since August 1941, Junior Lieutenant N.F. Klepikov (1919 - 1943) on the fronts of the Great Patriotic War. As part of the 40th IAP (41st Guards IAP) participated in the battles for Stalingrad, in the sky of the Kuban, the Orel-Kursk battle. By July 1943, the navigator of the 41st Guards Fighter Aviation Regiment (8th Guards Fighter Aviation Division, 2nd Air Army, Voronezh Front) Guards Captain N.F. Klepikov made 600 sorties, conducted 117 air battles, shot down 8 in person and as part of a group of 32 enemy aircraft. September 5, 1943 did not return from the combat mission. By that time, I carried out more than 600 sorties. After spending about 120 air battles, he shot down 10 enemy airplanes personally and 32 in a group with his comrades.

On September 28, 1943, he was posthumously awarded the title of Hero of the Soviet Union with the award of the Order of Lenin and the Gold Star medal for the exemplary fulfillment of the combat missions of the command, courage, courage and heroism shown in the fight against the German fascist invaders, the Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR"
learstang

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 06:26:59 PM »

That is rather strange streaking on the fuselage. Perhaps the result of a hurried paint job early in the war? The camouflage on the starboard wing looks interesting, also.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 08:29:13 PM »

Hi,
this photo is interesting but of difficult interpretation. I think that the base color is the prewar AII green, plus some soft bands or retouches of a lighter green on the fuselage, plus a brush made dark band on the wing and part of the nose, plus a light band on the wing (or could it be a reflection of the sky?), plus the strange thing on the rear of the fuselage (washed off winter paint?)...
Unfortunately the photo doesn't show the likely bort number on the tail, so it is not suitable for a profile, I fear.
Is it written if Klepikov changed his plane before being KIA?
Regards
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: