Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Polikarpov I-16 type 4 at 1/48 (yes!)
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 08:40:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Polikarpov I-16 type 4 at 1/48 (yes!)  (Read 3498 times)
xan

« on: February 01, 2018, 09:08:55 AM »

Hello sovietwarplanes forum's friend,

this is my last one:
Le I-16 type 4 au 1/48!

an old project come true!
Of course this version doesn't exist at 1/48
but there is in "escala espaƱola" e real artist, Ricardo Rodriguez, very found of I-16
he gave master classes to make accurate I-16 with Eduard base.
i put in my french forum a compilation of htis work (don't worry about language pics are very clear!)
http://www.master194.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=91297
after speaking with him i decided to work on a trasformation from type 10 to type 4, and he send me a resin copy of his work : it was heaven!
Sorry friends don't ask for a set , he told me i wouldn't do more copy...

I decided to do this plane the very first plane after the I-16 prototype...

During the mount, a rusian friend of mine send me the same pics recently discovered in HD quality.
zooming the pic I notice a black bordered red satr in the fuselage: nobody never represent it in any profile!

there has been two type of cowling (Ricardo represented both) short and long.

I prefered the second one, that's why I chose this plane, and not this one I first wanted to do...

the step by step in french can be seen here (with google transation, no problem):
http://www.master194.com/forum/posting.php?mode=edit&f=4&p=1233264

Well here are the pics:

Family is growing:

Xan
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 09:13:10 AM by xan » Logged

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 10:19:35 AM »

Hi Xan,
very interesting work.
The model looks excellent, and the discovery of the red star is a good information. The Spanish modeller made excellent resin pieces.
I think that a 1/72 version could be made by using the cowling of an I-15bis and an engine from some other biplane, on the base of the Amodel type 5/6. 
Thank you for sharing the work.
Regards
Massimo
Imatos12

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 02:08:04 PM »

Great work on the Type 4 Xan!

I have been reading through Ricardo Rodriguez' "Project Ishak."  Did he by any chance finish the project, and if so, do you know where I could find said work?  Thanks.

Izaias 
xan

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 08:23:17 AM »

Hi,
as far as I know he didn't finish his work.
I will ask him and come back soon.
Xan

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: