Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Su-1 profile
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 01:00:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Su-1 profile  (Read 3847 times)
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« on: October 04, 2017, 05:57:44 AM »

Hi,
here I work on profile of the Sukhoi Su-1 high-altitute fighter prototype. It was built in only one piece, the first flight on June 15, 1940.

Shining and shadows inspired by photo of the Su-3 - the second redesigned prototype of Su-1 and renamed to Su-3:

Regards,
   66misos
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 05:16:40 AM by 66misos » Logged

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 08:09:18 AM »

Hi Misos,
good work as usual.  I have some notes:
- the upper profile of the nose doesn't seem the same of the photo of Su-3;
photos of su-3  seem to show all black prop blades, but silver black ones are ok for su-1.
According to Sukhoi okb book, the photo of the plane with the light nose is a su-3. My photos show that the ventral cooler intake profile goes up, I wonder if it has a movable flap on the intake.
Regards
Massimo
66misos

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 09:05:58 AM »

Hi massimo,
thanks for comment.
According to http://www.razlib.ru/transport_i_aviacija/aviacija_i_kosmonavtika_2010_04/p2.php it is Su-1:
"Su-1 after several modifications"

Black propeller blades is a good note. However, there are photos showing their front size in both NMF and black.
However, there was only one Su-1 with several modifications during the trial period so details can vary.
Anyhow that photo shows snow, while the first flight was on June 1941. So it seems the photo shows Su-1 during winter 1940/41 or 41/42. It has red stars on the wings.

This is Su-3, notte the huge air intake at the wing root:

Something similar is visible also at this photo (with retouched turbocompressor):

So this photo really seems to show Su-3 in winter 1942, so also red stars are OK in this case.

There in no star visible on the fuselage of Su-1/Su-3 from the trial period:

So I will remove metal plate behind the propeller, leave NMF front of prop blade and no red stars on wings&fuselage.

Regards,
   66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 10:26:50 AM »

Hi Misos,
for what I see, only Su-3 had the slots on the leading edge, so the plane of the first photo has to be a Su-3.
The strange upward profile of the ventral intake isn't captured by drawings.
Regards
Massimo
66misos

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 07:05:35 PM »

Hi Massimo,
thank you for comment. So I deleted NMF part at the front of the engine cowling and increased shining according to the photos.
The ventral intake looks differently almost from photo to photo . So I let it be according to the line drawing.

Regards,
   66misos
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 05:14:36 AM by 66misos » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: