Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Searching for VVS Photos
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 01:56:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 58
  Print  
Author Topic: Searching for VVS Photos  (Read 332582 times)
barneybolac

« Reply #795 on: December 13, 2021, 08:35:13 PM »

Never seen this La-7 before only information is a name in the link.

https://grafiq-ru.translate.goog/lavochkin-la-7/?fbclid=IwAR1VgXgdmwBm3VuW43y13IKGQhFotC3uggGvULXe4A6EJ36LT_NvlrCsDFU&_x_tr_sl=ru&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #796 on: December 14, 2021, 08:26:37 PM »

Great photo! It would be interesting to know more. The absence of the number on the fuselage is noteworty and the plane looks fully repainted after the war.
The page is nice too, has sharp images.
barneybolac

« Reply #797 on: December 14, 2021, 08:46:39 PM »

Great photo! It would be interesting to know more. The absence of the number on the fuselage is noteworty and the plane looks fully repainted after the war.

The name in the link is "Leninsky Komsomol" I thought this was one of the men in the photo. Come to find out it was a former early communist leader who had ships and a submarine class named after him as well as a flight training school at Chernihiv.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Kozhedub_National_Air_Force_University

I posted this image on a Russian aviation site the only reply was the parachute is a post war era parachute. Cant make out the text behind the pilot and google translator can't seem to pick it up. Looks like the text may go on beyond the star and is obscured by both men in the image.

Also a rag laying on top of the vertical stabilizer partially hiding the painted tip.

barneybolac

« Reply #798 on: December 15, 2021, 06:05:28 AM »

The name in the link is "Leninsky Komsomol" I thought this was one of the men in the photo. Come to find out it was a former early communist leader who had ships and a submarine class named after him as well as a flight training school at Chernihiv.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Kozhedub_National_Air_Force_University

I posted this image on a Russian aviation site the only reply was the parachute is a post war era parachute. Cant make out the text behind the pilot and google translator can't seem to pick it up. Looks like the text may go on beyond the star and is obscured by both men in the image.

Also a rag laying on top of the vertical stabilizer partially hiding the painted tip.

Received some good feedback on the Russian site on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=4382102045251970&set=gm.1107319040083326

It has the nose art and a partial description of the text.

Yes. 'Leninskiy' means 'Lenin's' and 'Komsomol' means 'Young Communists league'. Note the Komsomol emblem on the nose of the plane. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Komsomol?fbclid=IwAR2Ca63yxS8HhgeCJBM9W20L5bI2HC4ZwlQMvTwA84KDi3UBPt_Hw4xLUgk

About the inscription, I can only see the words 'В Подарок' which means 'As a present' or 'For a present' but to WHOM is illegible, an obscured by the pilot, unfortunately

Anton Petrov

« Reply #799 on: December 17, 2021, 12:09:13 PM »

Yes. 'Leninskiy' means 'Lenin's' and 'Komsomol' means 'Young Communists league'. Note the Komsomol emblem on the nose of the plane. About the inscription, I can only see the words 'В Подарок' which means 'As a present' or 'For a present' but to WHOM is illegible, and obscured by the pilot, unfortunately

haha,  small world barneybolac! That was me replying to you on the Russian Facebook page with the comment above:)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 12:10:49 PM by Anton Petrov » Logged
barneybolac

« Reply #800 on: December 18, 2021, 05:52:21 AM »

Yes. 'Leninskiy' means 'Lenin's' and 'Komsomol' means 'Young Communists league'. Note the Komsomol emblem on the nose of the plane. About the inscription, I can only see the words 'В Подарок' which means 'As a present' or 'For a present' but to WHOM is illegible, and obscured by the pilot, unfortunately

haha,  small world barneybolac! That was me replying to you on the Russian Facebook page with the comment above:)

Yes it is.  Wink
warhawk

« Reply #801 on: January 06, 2022, 11:03:04 AM »

Another shot od 44th IAP's 'White 20':

PG monster

« Reply #802 on: January 19, 2022, 10:51:11 AM »

Another shot od 44th IAP's 'White 20':

Good!
warhawk

« Reply #803 on: January 27, 2022, 06:36:02 PM »

Pretty sure it's not Norway, nor 1944 (as the add title says), but the cammo sure is interesting:

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #804 on: January 27, 2022, 07:50:58 PM »

Interesting, thank you.
It is the same:

This image adds much to what is known on this plane.
AC26

« Reply #805 on: January 29, 2022, 06:24:36 PM »

Pretty sure it's not Norway, nor 1944 (as the add title says)
Photo is from a member of the 214. Infanterie Division (Infantry Division) "Norwegen" (Norway), which is the name of the unit but not the location. It could well be Russia 1944 as the aircraft has an arrow wing.

Cheers,

AaCee
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #806 on: January 29, 2022, 07:15:56 PM »

Hi,
my impression is that the wing is strongly deformed, not an arrow. The lower part of the wing over the fuselage shows aileron balances, that are consistent with a plane of 1941. The markings seem prewar style.
Regards
Massimo
warhawk

« Reply #807 on: January 30, 2022, 12:11:18 AM »

Another Interesting Shturmovik, back of photo states 'Kursk 1942'

AC26

« Reply #808 on: January 30, 2022, 02:42:50 PM »

wing is strongly deformed, not an arrow. The lower part of the wing over the fuselage shows aileron balances, that are consistent with a plane of 1941. The markings seem prewar style.
Hi Massimo,

Yes, you are correct. Star might even have black outline.

Cheers,

AaCee
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #809 on: January 30, 2022, 10:26:51 PM »

Hi AaCee, it could be that some Russian researcher has more informations on this plane, maybe a photo where the canopy and the wing guns appear.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 58
  Print  

Jump to: