Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Searching for VVS Photos
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 11:26:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 58
  Print  
Author Topic: Searching for VVS Photos  (Read 332671 times)
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #60 on: December 25, 2007, 04:39:49 PM »

Hi John, Smiley
the plane looks familiar to me too, but the photos are new. The Storch close to it could be a great idea for a diorama.
Massimo

I wasn't sure - the only place I could think of to look quickly was your LaGG-3 research pages. There I found several LaGG-3's finished in white distemper with red numerals, but no "Red 27". Regardless, I was surprised at the very good quality of these photos - most of what you see on ebay.de is not as good.

John
ChristianK

« Reply #61 on: December 26, 2007, 03:37:58 PM »

Gentlemen,

first of all, merry christmas and a happy new year to all of you!

and now my question: as i intend to build the Amodel Yak-9U (1/72) i'd like to ask for the photographic evidences for the following profiles (source: Mushroom Yak-9U & P):

I own the Mushroom book and the AJ-Press publication, but they don't have the pictures i'm looking for.

Furthermore, is there anything to say about the Amodel kit? Every built model i've seen looks quite nice...
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #62 on: December 26, 2007, 07:39:21 PM »

Hi Christan, Smiley
I've built and nearly completed the Yak-3 vk-107 of Amodel, that has a lot of common sprues with the Yak-9U.
I consider it excellent and relatively easy to build. The only thing is, if I remember well, to see if the thickness of plastic of the fuselage allows to place correctly the exhaust pipes.
By the way, are there good photos of the engine VK-107 on that book?
Massimo
Dark Green Man

« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2007, 07:51:52 AM »

nope! haven't seen a photo of either machine , but then again the Amodel kit doesn't have decals for them anyway.
(are you planning on making your own?)
I haven't started my Yak-9U yet as I am almost done with the Yak-9P (first of two)
the only problem I had was that you have to very carefully trim and repeatedly dry fit the interior parts or the fuselage halves will have a gap in them.
(yes , the exhausts were a very tight fit too)

pages 74-76 have a very nice set of clear, color photographs,(shot outdoors) that show the engine very well.
there is also a very nice diagram (right side) of the engine on page 74.(from the engine manual)
these photographs are of the machine currently on display in Warsaw.

I like the book a lot , but I also have some serious doubts about the historical accuracy (and colors) of the profiles on pages 86-112.

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2007, 12:49:14 PM »

Hi, Smiley
that is interesting. Could anyone make some high resolution scans of the pages on the engine, please?
Massimo
ChristianK

« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2007, 04:55:21 PM »

Hi there,

thanks for your input on the Amodel kit, sounds good! I'm actually planning to make the markings via a template, those numerals shouldn't be such a problem (although i'd still like to see the original pictures!)

P.S. Check your mailbox Massimo! (we have to care at least a little about copyright issues i think  Roll Eyes)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2007, 10:35:27 PM »

P.S. Check your mailbox Massimo! (we have to care at least a little about copyright issues i think? )

Hi Christian, Smiley
thank you very much.
I've already asked Mushrooms some years ago for the permission to reproduce images from Barbarossa Victims, and they agreed, with the citation of the source. I'll ask them again, but I don't expect problems.
Massimo
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2008, 01:32:48 AM »

A couple of I-153 shots; note the RO-82 rails:
http://cgi.ebay.de/2-Technik-Foto-Flugzeug-Flieger-Russland-h2688_W0QQitemZ130187079814QQihZ003QQcategoryZ15504QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Possibly interesting detail photo of MiG-3 (MiG-1?):
http://cgi.ebay.de/B17-Foto-russisches-Flugzeug-Rata_W0QQitemZ370010675142QQihZ024QQcategoryZ15504QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #68 on: January 03, 2008, 07:57:15 AM »

Hi John, Smiley
interesting photos, thank you.
The third image is a MiG-3. It shows many interesting details, including the wingroot tanks that I had never seen in photo, and the electrical panel open. It's interesting to see that the worn out fabric cover has a different color than the wooden part that remains uncovered.
What plane is the two-engined one on the background of the first photo of I-153? I don't recognize the type.
Massimo
Dark Green Man

« Reply #69 on: January 03, 2008, 08:01:03 AM »

if I am not mistaken the small spinner indicates this is an M-63 powered machine.
(the M-62 engined machines did not have a spinner)

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #70 on: January 03, 2008, 06:37:58 PM »

What plane is the two-engined one on the background of the first photo of I-153? I don't recognize the type.
Massimo

There was another photo from the same vendor which shows the same scene (aircraft, empty barrels) from a different angle - I didn't post the link, because it was photographed from a distance, and there wasn't much detail visible in it. It shows a DB-3 or Il-4 in the background, behind the I-153 - could it be one of these? I'll try to find the image again later and post the link.

John
marluc

« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2008, 09:58:00 PM »

Hello everybody:
A couple of I-153 shots; note the RO-82 rails:
What really took my attention was that the I-153 has 4 rails under each wing,I?ve never seen this configuration before.Thanks John for this links,very nice photos.Best regards:

Martin
Renato71

« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2008, 10:16:43 PM »

Massimo

There was another photo from the same vendor which shows the same scene (aircraft, empty barrels) from a different angle - I didn't post the link, because it was photographed from a distance, and there wasn't much detail visible in it. It shows a DB-3 or IL-4 in the background, behind the I-153 - could it be one of these? I'll try to find the image again later and post the link.

John

Massimo

Hi, guys.
Well, when I reply to a question like this, you may already be guessing  Cheesy
I vote for IL-4. I think that cooling louvers are visible (thick and light-colored line after engine covers that are removed). Then, there is a small hole on upper part of engine nacelle. Both items are typical for early IL-4 (and with DB-3F). Late IL-4 had engine nacelles similar to those of early DB-3 (but not "F").

However, color on that particular aircraft is very interesting. Light grey?

Cheers!

Renato
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2008, 10:44:43 PM »

Here it is; see the first of the three photos on this page. In it, you can see the Il-4 with that I-153 off to the left, and the empty barrels in the foreground; the other two are closer shots of that Il-4:
http://cgi.ebay.de/3-TOP-Technik-Foto-Flugzeug-Russland-Fliegerei-h2682_W0QQitemZ130187077926QQihZ003QQcategoryZ15504QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This might be the same Il-4, from even closer:
http://cgi.ebay.de/Technik-Foto-Flugzeug-Russland-Douglas-Bomber-h2680_W0QQitemZ130187077333QQihZ003QQcategoryZ15504QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

John
Dark Green Man

« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2008, 07:13:27 AM »

calling that one a Douglas Bomber...
HA HA  what a laugh!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 58
  Print  

Jump to: