Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
UT-2 restored at Zagreb!
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 10:40:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UT-2 restored at Zagreb!  (Read 2966 times)
warhawk

« on: December 22, 2018, 11:46:27 AM »

Hello,

I came up across this interesting set of photos taken during restoration of a UT-2 to its post-WWII civil livery.
IMHO, the completed aircraft looks very good!

Aleksandar
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 08:39:04 AM »

Hi, good photos, just I can't download the other ones because I haven't (and don't want) a Facebook account.
Here the plane seems to have an olive green finish.  We have represented Yugoslavian UT-2s as grey in late '40s for similarity with other planes of YuAF at the time.
http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/ut-1and2/tapani/ut-2/yugoslavian11.htm
Regards
Massimo
warhawk

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 04:41:42 PM »

I have managed to find another link, this time not on FB, with the same set of images

Regards,
Aleksandar
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2018, 08:13:52 PM »

Hi Aleksandar,
thank you.
Other photos seem to show that the plane was not olive green, but very dirty and yellowish aluminum. Some grey, possible of the previous outside, is still visible on a wing.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: