Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
I-153 GK - Super Altitude
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 02:40:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I-153 GK - Super Altitude  (Read 5938 times)
Grandduc

« on: January 24, 2019, 01:36:53 PM »

Hello all,

I am started to work on a model of the I-153 GK super altitude, with presurised cabine.

I wil build the AMG Models in 1/48 scale.

The instructions of AMG propose a all AII aluminum scheme, wich is possible, as some late I-153 were painted so.
As on this profile

And as on this photo

But the few photos we know about this plane, could suggests, that it was the usual  AE-9 gloss light gray +  AII aluminum scheme that was used for this plane.

If anyone have any opinion or documentation about that I will be very interested

« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 01:40:41 PM by Grandduc » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 07:13:35 PM »

Hi,
here are some images I've found on Polikarpov's biplane fighters of Gordon and Dexter:

Note the asymmetric windshield.
Please, keep us informed about your model.
Regards
Massimo
Grandduc

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 10:19:48 PM »

Thank you massimo for this images, the one of the canopy is precious.

I am not sure about the paint : Is it all Alluminium ou is it Gloss Light grey on metal parts and Aluminium on fabric parts ?

I will make this model :

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2019, 08:26:43 AM »

Hi,
I am not sure about the paint : Is it all Alluminium ou is it Gloss Light grey on metal parts and Aluminium on fabric parts ?
the second one is right. The difference is clearly visible on photos.
I see that the kit shows stars with white outline. I hope that the real decl sheet hasn't this characteristic.
About the stars on the wings, I suppose that they were the standard ones for I-153s, that is with black circle. The ones on the fuselage were repainted smaller and simplified after the modification of the plane from a standard one.
Regards
Massimo
Grandduc

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2019, 10:46:11 AM »

Ok so its clearly a glossy Light Grey and Aluminium Scheme. The notice of the kit is wrong as they propose a all Aluminium plane

About the stars, only the boxart is wrong, and they provide small stars without withe outline for the fuselage,
and standard ones for the wings with the black circle.

I didnt received the kit already, but we can see content here :    https://www.super-hobby.fr/products/Polikarpov-I-153-GK-Super-Altitude.html
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2019, 06:23:12 PM »

Hi,
the photo show two canopies, an outer removable one and an inner one for the presurized cockpit.
Regards
Massimo
Grandduc

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2019, 05:23:55 PM »

Yes but in the kit there is only the outside canopy. The other one should be scratch build
learstang

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2019, 12:24:23 AM »

Good luck on your build! I'd love to see ICM come out with this in 1/72nd scale.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: