Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Polikarpov monoplanes with radial engine. From TsKB-12 to I-185
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 12:26:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Polikarpov monoplanes with radial engine. From TsKB-12 to I-185  (Read 10464 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2020, 07:14:24 AM »

Hi Bernard,
thank you for posting the photos of your work on the Type 29. I am glad that my drawings have found a so good use.
Some courage is needed to start such a modification on an already completed model.
The page on Type 29 is more or less completed, I wonder if to upload it or to wait for the other pages. A reorganization of the I-16 page is needed too to keep the parts on completed models into a subpage to make space for the new contents.
Regards
Massimo
BLG

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2020, 01:20:29 PM »

Hi Massimo,
Thank you for your comment and your help to built these kits.
May be it will be easier to add one page after the other than to overhaul the I-16 pages all together. Broken links and other problems would be easier to fix.
And it would be  a way to attract more readers, waiting for the next page to come Wink.
On the french forums were I post, I have already announced  future I-16 pages on SWP.

Regards
Bernard

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2020, 07:07:45 PM »

Hi Bernard,
this could be a possibility.
What worries me is that I see some difficulty to see the updated images when I upload a new version, probably is a problem of cache of the pc that preserves the already downloaded images to save time. In recent time, I was obliged to modify the name of the file to be sure that it was uploaded again after a modification. So I'm trying to upload drawings in definitive version, for what is possible.
Regards
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2020, 05:56:27 PM »

Excellent work on those models!

Best Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
BLG

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2020, 10:02:17 PM »

Hi everybody,
the researchs done by Massimo for his new pages on I-16 make me realized that I had make a mistake on my UTI-4 with M-25v engine. Even if this type did not have ski recesses, the M25v engine needed ventilation and the UTI-4 had small vents in the undercowling. I could have seen  this before, as I photographed a DB 605 in Vantaa museum some years ago, and behind the engine,  the UTI-4  with its the vents is clearly vivisble.

Here are the corrections made on my UTI-4

To complete my UTI collection , I have built the UT-2, scratch from a ICM type 24.

Massimo also informed me of the publication of articles by Andrey Averin in M-hobby about the type 12 and I-163.
I have already built the Type 12 prototype, but I was happy to read about the twelve production aircrafts.

Here is the Type 12 12219

and the I-163-1

and my models
First , I have corrected the karman  trailing edge was straight and not curved

then modified the ICM type 24 to built the type 12 and I-163-1

Type 12

And I-163-1

Landing gear, close to the one of  I-17

Regards
Bernard
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 04:19:06 PM by BLG » Logged

learstang

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2020, 03:19:02 AM »

Excellent work on those Ishaks! I think I may have seen the tip 12 before, but I don't recall seeing the I-163 before - I'll need to read up on those variants if I ever write my book on Polikarpov fighters.

Best Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2020, 04:13:56 PM »

Nice builds, all of them! The paint work looks great, too. A couple of questions:
(1) The propeller spinners - where did you get these, or did you make them yourself? The Amodel Type 5 spinner is too shallow; the ones in your photos look more like the one from the Amodel UTI-4.
(2) Same thing for the canopies on the type 12 and the I-163 - did you form these yourself, or are they from Bring It!/Modellers' Little Helper?

Thanks in advance for any answers!

John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2020, 11:17:58 PM »

Hi Bernard,
I am very impressed for the growing up of your collection. I wonder if anything is still missing in this monumental work.
I owe to Righidan the most part of recently collected documents about the I-16, I see that you have made an excellent use of it.
I've resumed to work on the I-16 page, starting with some updates to the drawings, and seeing your works is a good inspiration for this.
Regards
Massimo
BLG

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2020, 12:09:18 AM »

Thank you for your comments
(1) The propeller spinners -  For the Type 12,  it's PU home made. I  prepared  a mold using a  Amodel spinner as master  as I have built several type 5 and 10 from the ICM Type 24. For the I-163, I have corrected the ICM spinner as the photos show a more pointed spinner
(2)  the canopies on the type 12 and the I-163 . Home made with vivak and thermoforming. Plaster master . Frames made with adhesive aluminium tape.
John
I wonder if anything is still missing in this monumental work. I think they were my last I-16, except if you make me discover new datas like theses Type 12 and I-163 or correction to improve my already built kits  . However, I have a lot of other Polikarpov projects. From IL400 to ITP-M2 including the Mig for the monoplanes and several U2 for the biplanes.

Regards
Bernard

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2020, 08:38:16 AM »

Hi Bernard,
a Type 17 with long ailerons could be interesting enough? I still wonder if it has come out of the factory in this way, or was rebuilt as an hybrid.
Regards
Massimo
BLG

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2020, 09:23:55 PM »

Hi Massimo,
Before hybrids,  I would have to built prototypes like the UT-3, I-16 TK or type 20 to complete the family. May be later.
 Regards
Bernard

BLG

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2021, 10:15:56 AM »

Hi everybody,
As stated in my last answer to Massimo, I have build the UTI-3 and I-16 V (or TK) type 5 .
I have  used the ICM  type 18-24-28 . This kit is a better base than the UTI-4 or Type 5 Amodel, even if there is more work to obtain an early version.

UTI-3

Massimo suggests a yellow color for this plane. I remained more classical with aluminium dope.

I-16 V

Regards
Bernard

John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2021, 02:59:23 PM »

Nice! I especially like the I-16V - is that the cowling face from the ICM I-15bis? You really did a lot of work on these impressive models!

John
BLG

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2021, 04:55:05 PM »

Thank you John,
Yes, I used the spared cowling face of an I-15 bis that I used to built this Zhong 28 B.  For the UTI 3, I did not used the cowling parts   of the ICM I-16 and scrachbuilt the face  and the cowling.

Regards
Bernard

learstang

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2021, 01:56:59 AM »

Excellent work! Like John, I especially like the high-altitude version - a very interesting version. I don't believe I've seen that version of the I-16 before.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: