Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
VVS color matches
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 07:00:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: VVS color matches  (Read 15171 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2017, 06:30:43 PM »

Hi, here is the link:
http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/board/index.php?topic=1699.30

Now, I'll try to make and post a provisional table still to fill and check.
Regards
Massimo
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 08:15:51 PM by Massimo Tessitori » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2017, 10:07:56 AM »

Hi all,
I've uploaded a provisional table of matches at
http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/colors/color-matches.htm.
It is not linked from the main page of the site, because it needs a lot of work.
Please, have a look and let me know how to improve it.
I want to make photos or scans of chips side by side, as Dennis did (I'll certainly use part of your work) and cut small digital chips allowing to compare the matches of many producers or sources.
I've modified the digital chips of AMT-1 and A-21m to make them more similar to the scant sent by Andrey Averin. They are far from what it can be seen on scans of the Nakrasok alboom, but look more convincing.
I've modified the digital chip of the grey-blue of 1935. Now I think that it should be similar to AMT-7when new, but becomes greyish quickly. I can't prove it of course, it is my idea on the base of the few available informations.
Regards
Massimo
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 10:10:36 AM by Massimo Tessitori » Logged
learstang

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2017, 05:43:00 PM »

That's a good start, Massimo, and certainly something that we modellers need. One thing I would add is a column for Testors Model Master paints. Those are the paints that I use. I can give you my matches, if you need them.

Regards,

Jason
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 05:48:33 PM by learstang » Logged

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2017, 07:01:08 PM »

Hi Jason,
this would be a good thing.
Modelmaster enamels were available in my town up to a pair of years ago, but then the shop that enlisted them was closed. My first experiences with them weren't so good, I think that they cover not well and are too long to dry.
Anyway I'll include them in the table, with your help. It would be even better if you could paint some chips and photograph them aside a page of the FS catalogue, or if you send them to me by mail so I can do this.
Regards
Massimo
Spitfire

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2017, 08:19:36 PM »

Nice one Massimo, I now have some of the Sovereign Colourcoats paints which I can compare to the AKAN chips that I made up, at the moment though I am tied up house decorating.

Cheers

Dennis
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2017, 10:09:57 AM »

Hi Dennis, no hurry. Photos of a comparison between Sovereign and Akan would be welcome. I just ask to show a page of FS-595a included in each photo, so I can correct differences of hue and exposition between different photos.
Regards
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2018, 07:33:41 PM »

Hi,
I have received a set of chips of Mr. Paint colors for Soviet planes from Istvan.
Here is the set, photographed aside a FS-595a catalogue opened on the pages with matches of the colors of major interest.

As soon as I have chips, or photos of chips, from other producers I can start to arrange the page.
Regards
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2018, 05:19:24 PM »

Hi all,
I've received a sample of paint for Soviet ww2 planes from AK-Interactive.
The set includes 8 cans: grey A-14, green AMT-4, black AMT-6, blue AMT-7, grey AMT-11 and 12, brown AMT-1 and A-21m.
I'll make samples and show some images when possible.

The paint are acrylics, it is written that they can be used by brush as they are and they have to be thinned with their own solvent to be airbrushed.
Who has any experience with paints of this brand?

Regards
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2019, 10:04:24 AM »

Hi all,
I've received samples of colors from AK interactive.

The first serie, labeled AK, is made of 8 bottles of aqueous paint. I made some chips  by brush.

The second serie, labeled RC, is made of 12 cans similar to those of Tamiya and Gunze. I've made some chips by toothpick.

I can't be sure about the shades , I see that some of the AK aqueous paints as the A-14 are somewhat more bluish or darker.  
 Personally I think that AE-9 shold be somewhat darker and more bluish or at least neutral. Here it looks as the FS-36622, or a sort of milk.

Regards
Massimo
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 08:03:30 PM by Massimo Tessitori » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: