Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Markings of Lavochkins of 163 GvIAP
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 02:36:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Markings of Lavochkins of 163 GvIAP  (Read 8007 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2019, 07:31:32 AM »

Hi  all,
I completely agree that most of the WWII VVS types would be nice to get as state of the art kits. IMHO worst situation is in medium bombers in 1/72.
The DB-3 in particular. I suspect that the strange scomposition of the Il-4 of Zvezda derived from an ancient intention to make a DB-3 changing some parts; it would have been a bad model, but at least something to work on.
I built a LaGG-3 of Dakoplast a lot of years ago; a well visible thing is that some parts, as the propeller and the fin, are too fat. The general look of the fuselage is fat.
Regards
Massimo
PG monster

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2019, 01:24:12 PM »

http://ava.org.ru/iap/10gm.htm

Massive update of the old page, inc. some La5s . Note cool eagle painting.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2019, 10:04:29 PM »

A lot of interesting photos. Seems that many spinners were silver.
Regards
Massimo
TISO

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2019, 04:27:57 PM »

Hi  all,
I completely agree that most of the WWII VVS types would be nice to get as state of the art kits. IMHO worst situation is in medium bombers in 1/72.
The DB-3 in particular. I suspect that the strange scomposition of the Il-4 of Zvezda derived from an ancient intention to make a DB-3 changing some parts; it would have been a bad model, but at least something to work on.
I built a LaGG-3 of Dakoplast a lot of years ago; a well visible thing is that some parts, as the propeller and the fin, are too fat. The general look of the fuselage is fat.
Regards
Massimo

I have a distinct feeling tha Zvezda Il-4 is only Maquette kit with rescribed panel lines and little cleaned up. I have Maquette DB-3 and Zvezda Il-4 kits and are almost identical.

Disciple of Error
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2019, 06:00:38 PM »

Hi Tiso,
I have a distinct feeling tha Zvezda Il-4 is only Maquette kit with rescribed panel lines and little cleaned up. I have Maquette DB-3 and Zvezda Il-4 kits and are almost identical.
I had read about this. Unfortunately the DB-3 is both rare and poor. Probably the Il-4 of Zvezda could be roughly adapted to DB-3 with few pieces.
They preserved the scomposition of the wings that was thought to replace the engines (I suppose) for the DB-3, but didn't make this version.
I wonder if they thought to make a late Il-4 with arrow wings and kept the outer consoles of the wings separed for this reason.
Regards
Massimo
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 06:21:21 AM by Massimo Tessitori » Logged
Johann

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2019, 09:53:13 AM »

I wonder if they thought to make a late Il-4 with arrow wings and kept the outer consoles of the wings separed for this reason.
No, did not plan. IL-4 from the star is the good old Alpha. And the wings are made separately because Alpha was not able to shed more details.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: