Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
1/48 Zvezda Su-2
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 12:30:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1/48 Zvezda Su-2  (Read 5205 times)
Shugayev

« on: June 09, 2019, 01:08:50 PM »

Hi,
Here are the final photos of my Su-2 build. All the wheel and bay covers were thinned to look more realistic.The middle canopy is clear styrene sheet. The model will later be integrated in a big diorama. Many thanks to Massimo Tessitori for his great help. Hope you like it. Any kind of comment is welcome.
Cheers,
Panagiotis.

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2019, 05:51:16 PM »

Hi Panagiotis,
a very beautiful model indeed. Built and painted in very accurate way. What mix do you use for the dark washing?
I've only two things to say: the light parts at the wingroots should be bare metal, not white; besides photos suggest that the number 8 was of a light color, I suggested light blue but it could have been another one.
Regards
Massimo
warhawk

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2019, 07:34:35 PM »

Great model in a very interesting cammo, Panagiotis!
Shugayev

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 05:40:10 AM »

Massimo and Warhawk thanks a lot for your comments! Smiley

Massimo, in the movie scene with the three Su-2s there seemed to be another light mark at the wing root front just below the engine so I guessed it could have been white. In any way I do not question your suggestion. As for the '8' most likely it must have been a very light blue, but..I was quite lazy and tired to tamper with the red color of the decal I used.
Regards,
Panagiotis.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 07:07:09 AM »

Hi Panagiotis,
I see, the availability of decals is a strong reason.
Excellent work anyway.
Regards
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 06:04:14 PM »

Excellent work on that Su-2! That's a very interesting camouflage.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2019, 08:53:31 AM »

Hi,
very nice build. However, I am bit surprised by green-brown camouflage. What paints were used on the real plane? I suppose green Aii3 and light blue Aiig. But what is that brown one?
Regards,
   66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2019, 09:34:11 AM »

Hi Misos,
the plane is an interpretation of a famous movie showing a plane of difficult interpretation, clearly not uniform green nor black-green (there is another black-green plane on the movie allowing a comparation).
A Russian monograph represents the strange color as a shade of grey. It is possible that it was AMT-1 or something similar.
The discussion is here (I have to split and reorder that topic)
http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/board/index.php?topic=2434.15
Regards
Massimo
Bonehammer

Stealing the nail file from her own purse

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2021, 11:34:11 AM »

Now there's one you don't see often! Very well done, with attention to detail. I like the weathering of the winter camo.

I'm too lazy to even fi
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: