Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
MiG-3 "46" 6 IAD, Moscow PVO
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 11:14:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MiG-3 "46" 6 IAD, Moscow PVO  (Read 3889 times)
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« on: June 26, 2019, 10:00:19 AM »

Hi,
I have questions about colors on the MiG-3 "46" 6 IAD, Moscow PVO. Photo is dated on spring 1942:
http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/mig3/silver46.html

1. Undersufraces - still prewar light blue AIIg, or already new blue AMT-7?
AFAIK AIIg had to be used untill all stocks of old AIIg were used. I incline to AIIg

2. Green on the upper surfaces is still prewar dark green AII3, or already new green AMT-4?
If black color is the field application, then old AII3 is quite probable. If black is factory applied on the newly built plane, the new AMT-4 seems to be more probable.

3. Board number is glossy silver, or white color dirty from the exhaust stains?
Comparing it to other planes at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/mig3/colors2.html I incline to silver.

Thank you in advance for your comments.
Regards,
   66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 01:57:05 PM »

Hi Misos,
 the planes are of later production, apparently with starter dog; the colors are matt, there is not strong contrast between upper and undersurfaces. I would go with AMT colors.
For the numbr: the phot s compatible with both interpretations.
On this photo, the star on the tail looks a bit bigger than on the profile and centered on the hinge line. I would check the camouflage in front of the windshield too
Regards
Massimo
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2019, 07:01:18 PM »

Hi Massimo,
do you have, please, any suggestion how to change the camouflage in front of the windshield?
Thank you in advance.
Regards,
   66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2019, 09:40:08 PM »

Hi Misos,
looking at this small photo, I am prone to think that the camouflage is good as it is drawn.

In fact, we see a black band under the windshield on the right side too.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: