Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Arma Hobby 1/72 Yak-1b - September/October 2019
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 10:45:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Arma Hobby 1/72 Yak-1b - September/October 2019  (Read 12880 times)
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« on: July 28, 2019, 12:46:12 AM »

Now we will have two new 1/72 Yak-1b kits to choose from - the still-unreleased Brengun kit (which was on sale in limited numbers at the ModellBrno show a couple of weeks ago, so general availability must be close), and now one from Arma Hobby:
http://armahobbynews.pl/en/blog/2019/07/27/announcement-of-the-yak-1b-model-kit/

Apparently there will be two boxings, the "Expert" version promised for September, and the basic version for October.

Excellent news for anyone who had to struggle with the old ZTS Mikro72 kit!

John
learstang

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2019, 07:25:38 AM »

Excellent news indeed! You must be in Heaven now, John - not just one new-mould Yak-1B in 1/72nd scale, but two! What's the saying - you wait around for an hour for a bus, then two show up at the same time.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 05:37:25 PM »

Pricing for the Yak-1b is now up on Arma's e-shop, although the kits are still not available for ordering - the Expert set (September release) is priced at 14.50 Euros; the regular kit (October) is 9.50.

The latest from Arma is that the Expert version will be available by late September; there will be a one-week window sometime soon during which preorders will be eligible for some unspecified bonuses.

John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2019, 07:09:07 AM »

Hi John,
I'm one of those that had to deal with the ZTS kit. I was helped with some scans by Alex Ruchkovsky. I remember that there were differences in the spinner, exhaust area, oil cooler and elevators between early and late production planes. It can be that some of the decals choices will require some small corrections to the plastic.
I'm impressed by the details shown in the cad, I hope that the model will mantain the promises.
Regards
Massimo
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2019, 01:39:41 PM »

From today's Arma e-mail:
"In the following week, 24-31 August we are taking preorders on forthcoming Yak-1b Expert Set. The model will be released at the end of September.
Preorder now and benefit from one free overtrees included in each preordered Yak kit. Decals included in the set contains six marking options: 2 Polish, 2 Soviet, 1 German and 1 French.  Two sets of control panels, seatbelts and stencils are included in the decals."

John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2019, 08:53:13 PM »

Hi John,
I don't understand what is meant for 'one free overtrees'. Could you explain it by other words, please?
Regards
Massimo
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2019, 10:27:42 PM »

Hi Massimo! The term "overtrees" seems to have been started by Eduard, or at least they were the first ones I ever saw using that word. Overtrees are simply the full kit without decals, instructions, or (usually) the box. In other words, you get all the plastic parts including the canopy, but nothing else. In the case of the Arma Yak-1b, this works well because the Expert kit includes 6 decal options, so you get two kits in one box for the price of one kit, and you can build both kits without having to find spare decals.

Why are the stripped-down kits called overtrees? All I can think of is that originally Eduard might have had more plastic parts than boxes, etc., and so decided to sell the extra ("over-produced") sprues (or "trees") at a reduced price. Or I could just be thinking too hard...

John
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 10:32:06 PM by John Thompson » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2019, 08:02:50 AM »

Hi John,
thank you for your explanation.
I think that one plastic sprue costs to the producer a lot less than a whole kit, and is an attractive bonus because one thinks 'two kits for the price of one'. Beside it doesn't decrease successive sales by much, because very few modellers would have bought two or more identical kits separately and renounce having already a double kit.
Besides, it avoids that someone could be discouraged from buying the kit by eventual negative reviews.
Interesting offer anyway, two Yak-1b would be good.
This firm has already released a PZL-11 kit. do you know how good are the reviews of it?
Regards
Massimo
AC26

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2019, 10:38:55 AM »

Hi Massimo,

I'm not familiar with Arma PZL but I have their Hurricane Mk I and it is an excellent kit! So good, that I have been seriously thinking to convert it to Mk II...

Cheers,

AaCee
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2019, 07:55:42 AM »

Hi John and AC,
I've preordered their Yak-1. It's 21 Euros including mailing, looks good for 2 models (apart for the photoetched fret, only 1 is included in the kit). I'll keep you informed.
Regards
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2019, 09:01:05 PM »

I definitely plan on buying this kit. It will fill a gap in my by now large collection of Yak GPW fighters. I too have bought their Hurricane kit, and found it to be an excellent kit, although I haven't built it yet.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Dark Green Man

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2019, 01:18:57 AM »

so then the only question is what is the difference in cost?
if it isn't too much I would like the canopy and wheel masks from the expert version
(I'm not big on photo-etch , I might dump it)

I have some nice Serbian decals for ex-soviet machines in Yugoslavian service

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2019, 05:38:45 PM »

The difference is 5 Euros (14.50 Euros versus 9.50). The "Expert" version is supposed to be available to order by the end of September; the regular version, a month later.

Arma e-shop page:
http://www.armahobby.com/category/aircraft-models-jakowlew?utm_source=armahobbynews&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=Jak-1b&utm_term=zapowiedz-jak&utm_content=en

John
TISO

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2019, 02:17:55 PM »

Hi John and AC,
I've preordered their Yak-1. It's 21 Euros including mailing, looks good for 2 models (apart for the photoetched fret, only 1 is included in the kit). I'll keep you informed.
Regards
Massimo
HMMM PART PE sets would do the trick

Disciple of Error
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2019, 02:28:06 AM »

Test build from Arma Hobby's Facebook page,
https://www.facebook.com/ArmaHobby/posts/2681662348530772

Looks very, very nice - now that testing of the mold has been completed, the actual release should be very close!
(I'm sorry for the size of the images, but on the other hand, they really show the fine detail!)

John
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: