Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Arma Hobby 1/72 Yak-1b - September/October 2019
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 01:01:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Arma Hobby 1/72 Yak-1b - September/October 2019  (Read 12881 times)
learstang

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2019, 06:27:55 AM »

That looks very nice, John! Just yesterday I received the Brengun Yak-1B - it looks quite nice also, although I have not started even test-fitting the parts. I notice both of these Yak-1Bs have the late-style tail wheels with the side doors (as on the Yak-3 and the Yak-9) instead of the small door attached to the front of the strut. By the way, I believe the use of the lower-case 'b' in these kits is a mis-transliteration from the Cyrillic. In Cyrillic what looks like a lower-case 'b' is actually the English/Latin 'B'. The 'B' in Cyrillic represents the 'V' sound (I realise you probably already know this, but this is for those who don't know some of the intricacies of Russian Cyrillic).

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2019, 02:40:03 PM »

Seems fine. I hope to receive my double box soon.
Regards
Massimo
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2019, 02:51:04 PM »

Apparently production has started; shipping estimated to begin next week.

Interesting article about the development and test-build of the Yak-1B kit:

http://armahobbynews.pl/en/blog/2019/10/10/yak-made-a-huge-difference/

John
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2019, 02:25:41 PM »

The Arma site is now showing "Add to basket" instead of "Preorder" for both the Expert kit and the overtrees, so shipment of existing preorders must be imminent.

John

Woo hoo - per the latest email from Arma titled "It happened today":
"It was an hour ago when we pushed over one hundred parcels to Polish Post Van. First orders of Yak kits are on the way. Our personnel also works on Saturday to prepare as many parcels as possible for delivery. The third part of preorders is already sent today. When all of them is dispatched, we will start supplying shops and distributors."
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 05:02:39 PM by John Thompson » Logged
learstang

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2019, 06:17:18 PM »

John, I believe mine is in the mail. It will be interesting comparing it to Brengun's offering. What's the old saying about you wait around for a bus for an hour, and then two show up at the same time?

Best Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2019, 06:18:45 AM »

Hi, it often happens. Marketing researches find something that is needed on the market and more than one firm chooses to make this thing, hoping to be the only one.
There is the recent case of Sheridan tanks issued contemporarily by Tamiya and RFM after twenty years of lack of a good model, to say nothing of three kits of the unknown Objekt 279, only a prototype in the museum of Kubinka, issued more or less contemporarily by three different brands.
Regards
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2019, 01:20:15 AM »

And besides the case of the Yak-1B with Arma Hobby and Brengun, we have both Revell and Airfix issuing kits of the Shackleton MR.2/AEW.2 within a year of each other. Now I wish at least one company would issue a new-mould kit of the Il-4. That's an aeroplane that's been neglected in 1/72nd scale for too long.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2019, 11:44:12 AM »

Hi,
my kit is on mailing too.
I think that the Shackleton of Revell is still the old Frog moulding. Am I wrong?
I hope that someone hears the thing of the Il-4 and maybe of DB-3.
Regards
Massimo
TISO

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2019, 04:39:32 PM »

Revell reissued FROG Shack, Blenheim Mk I and Gannet waaaay back (90's i belive). Their current kits of Shack and Gannet are all new moulds. That means check before you buy which one is in the box

Disciple of Error
learstang

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2019, 05:49:35 PM »

Revell now have three mouldings of the Shackleton; the old Frog moulding, a new moulding of the AEW.2, and a new moulding of the MR.3. I know the moulding of the MR.3 is new as I have the kit. It has nothing in common with the old Frog kit, but is instead similar to (and uses some of the parts of) their AEW.2 kit. As TISO says, if you buy a Revell MR.3, you should check what's in the box.

Best Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2019, 04:19:20 PM »

Hi, I didn't know about all these new Shackleton. Contemporarily to Airfix...another case of contemporarily discovery!
Regards
Massimo
Dark Green Man

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2019, 03:35:57 AM »

the photos at their website look good.
finally , a decent and correct Yak-1b in 72 scale!

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2019, 10:34:19 PM »

Expert kit instruction sheet posted here:
http://armahobbynews.pl/en/blog/2019/10/22/yak-1b-expert-set-kit-instruction/

John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2019, 07:58:26 AM »

Looks impressive!
Looking at the single sprue, one hasn't the impression of a so sophisticated model.
If one wants to show all the inside details, a vacuform canopy would be good.
Pity that they didn't include it as an option, a canopy from an older source could not fit properly.
Regards
Massimo
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2019, 09:54:04 PM »

Translation of a very good build review whose link to its original source (KFS Miniatures) was posted on Britmodeller and 72nd Aircraft Forum by "caughtinthemiddle":
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.kfs-miniatures.com%2F1-72-yakovlev-yak-1b-arma-hobby-budowa%2F

Translation of in-box review:
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.kfs-miniatures.com%2F1-72-yakovlev-yak-1b-expert-set-arma-hobby%2F

He has a connection with Exito Decals; he hinted a few weeks ago that some Yak-1B decals were in the works, so let's see what happens.

John
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 04:34:20 AM by John Thompson » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: