Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Arma Hobby 1/72 Yak-1b - September/October 2019
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 06:59:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Arma Hobby 1/72 Yak-1b - September/October 2019  (Read 12883 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2019, 08:44:22 PM »

Hi John,
it looks an excellent review, only criticized a bit the rendering of the tubular frame covered by fabric on the lower surface of the fuselage.
Regards
Massimo
AC26

« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2019, 09:25:06 PM »

it looks an excellent review, only criticized a bit the rendering of the tubular frame covered by fabric on the lower surface of the fuselage.
Hi all,

When I first saw photos of this model I had feeling, that the wing looks too narrow from the tip. Now I have the kit and had some time to browse my references I found a book of Yak-7 with original drawing of the Yak-7 wing with measurements. If the later model wing had similar basic shape then the Arma kit's wing start to taper two aileron ribs too early.

There is a book about the Yak-1 too but unfortunately I don't have it.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

AaCee
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2019, 08:36:43 PM »

Hi,
compared to photos, the kit really gives the idea to have too pointed wings.
Regards
Massimo
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2019, 12:46:33 AM »

I checked the Arma wingtips against the drawings in the two Yak-1 books by Z. Luranc and S. Kuznetsov. Both drawings show the kit's wingtips to be very slightly too pointed. This can be corrected by a small bit of sanding, although it means you will lose the wingtip formation lights. Here's Luranc's drawing; you may have to resize it a bit to get it to 1/72 scale:

(Every time I look at this drawing, I think what a beautiful aircraft the Yak-1B was!)

John
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 01:13:52 AM by John Thompson » Logged
AC26

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2019, 09:47:35 PM »

I checked the Arma wingtips against the drawings in the two Yak-1 books by Z. Luranc and S. Kuznetsov. Both drawings show the kit's wingtips to be very slightly too pointed. This can be corrected by a small bit of sanding, although it means you will lose the wingtip formation lights.<clip>
(Every time I look at this drawing, I think what a beautiful aircraft the Yak-1B was!)
Hi,

If it would be that easy... But the tapering starts too early so both leading and trailing edges are too narrow...

Beautiful.. Definately yes!

Cheers,

AaCee

PS. I'm feeling quite hamfisted as I was not able to get the measured wing drawing inserted here... :C
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 09:49:24 PM by AC26 » Logged
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2019, 12:32:45 AM »

Thanks, AaCee! Whatever Google Drive is, it doesn't seem to want anyone saving images posted there. You can click on this thing, click again on the thumbnail that comes up, and then at least look at the drawing, but how to save it?

John
righidan

« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2019, 07:40:27 PM »

Thanks AaCee for the drawing.
   I have double clicked on the post thumbnail, and then double clicked on the name Yak-7 wing.jpg, the image popped up, and then I downloaded it through the button high on the right side of the screen, so it works.
   If you still have problems, you could try uploading in Flickr: I am very dumb, but Flickr works for me.
Regards
Daniele

Daniele
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2019, 08:31:26 PM »

Arrrgh - dummy me - I was trying to download it just by right-clicking. I didn't even see the little "download" icon in the top right corner - thank you, Daniele!

John
AC26

« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2019, 03:31:55 PM »

Hi all,

Let see if Flickr works for me or am I the most dummiest of all Wink

Thanks for the tip, Daniele!

Season greetings for everyone!

Cheers,

AaCee
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2019, 04:02:10 PM »

Try this:

Here's another one, drawn by German technical analysts from a wrecked Yak-1 in 1942:

John

« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 05:26:30 PM by John Thompson » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: