Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Korolev SK-5 glider colours. - Quick question.
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 01:40:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Korolev SK-5 glider colours. - Quick question.  (Read 1980 times)
Javier Planells

« on: October 12, 2019, 12:58:52 AM »

Hi chaps!

Long time not entering the forum. Hope you're all doing well. I returned to two of my old loves, gliders and scratch-building. Didn't know about Sergei Korolev's stint as a glider designer and got pleasantly surprised by his designs. I'm finding it hard to settle the colour of the SK-5. There were two schemes, the first one allegedly in red and yellow (very much like the SK-3); the second one is a mistery for there's no mention of it anywhere. Just the one I want to portray, since it will make a nice counterpoint to the SK-3 when I get to build it.

First scheme - Red and yellow:

The second one:

Could it be Silver and Azure Blue? i don't recall grey being used at the time. And silver dope looks greyish in many a photo of the era.

It's a mistery I want to unravel, if at all possible.

Thanks in advance!

P.S./

Just when you post something, you find another picture you didn't know  Cheesy Could it be the Blue Grey used from 1927 to '37? Or a very light blue?

Food for thought.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 01:02:03 AM by Javier Planells » Logged

Playing the mandolin is like tossing darts at people: when you do they move their feet rather quick!
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 01:52:09 PM »

Hi Javier,
the question is interesting.
You've found a very nice image, but it is colorized on a bw base, certainly not an original color photo.
The guy that colorized it hardly had more informations than you; I think that his choice was a guess.
Silver and light blue is likely enough, in absence of other informations; I don't think that it was the same light blue of military planes, but something glossy and pastel.
Regards
Massimo
Javier Planells

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2019, 07:21:21 PM »

Hi Massimo.

Yes. It's a colourized copy of one of the previous images, the one with Korolev, Lyushin and Artseulov. Would have been glad to find it was original, tough  Grin

So much to find yet about early soviet paints!

Thanks for your help on this topic.

Best regards,

Javier.

Playing the mandolin is like tossing darts at people: when you do they move their feet rather quick!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: