Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Recovered M-25V and parts of I-15bis in Finland
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 04:22:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Recovered M-25V and parts of I-15bis in Finland  (Read 1975 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« on: February 02, 2020, 12:45:45 PM »

Hi all,
here is an interesting link from Tapani:
https://www.flightforum.fi/topic/31448-kiantaj%C3%A4rven-i-15bis/
Here is one of the photos:

The images allow to see a well restored engine, and something of the old paints.
We can recognize  a light grey AE-9, a dark green of 1938 (AII green?), a yellow-green primer and a brown spinner that could have been red or orange (but another photo of a red star, already seen, shows that the red was well preserved, so the color of the spinner could be different).
Regards
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 09:18:16 PM »

That's a nice photograph of the cowling and engine. Do you think this I-15bis was painted green over light grey?

Best Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 06:24:20 AM »

Hi,
yes, it was a standard plane with green uppersurface and grey/silver undersurfaces.
The spinner is a mystery, I suppose that the brown should have appeared as orange when new.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: