Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Polikarpov biplane fighters from I-3 to I-195
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 01:29:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Polikarpov biplane fighters from I-3 to I-195  (Read 7372 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2020, 10:05:58 PM »

Hi Bernard,
nice models indeed. Further rare birds for the most complete collection of Polikarpovs.
Regards
Massimo
BLG

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2020, 05:07:29 PM »

Hi every body.
Maybe you could do an I-195 as a what-if

As suggested by Jason, here is my I-195

We have only this drawing of the I-195 project

I used wings and tail from the I-190 Amodel, central part of fuselage and wings from the I-185 Art Model

and home made engine  that I add already repared for the I-185/M90.

A summary of the building

and the result. I have chosen   the same undercarriage than the i-185, despite the drawing and the same colors than the I-185/M90 prototype, as both were projected with a M90.

and the couples  "performances /maneuverability"

Regards
Bernard

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2020, 06:42:34 PM »

Hi Bernard,  you've made a very noticeable scratchbuilding work. I am very interested to see this unique model of the projected I-195.
The presentation of the monoplane and biplane types side by side adds some more historical value to the work.
Well made.
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2020, 06:59:14 PM »

Very nice indeed! I do like that I-195! It's a pity it wasn't built in actuality (or at least completed, I believe Bill Gunston says it was started, but not completed). I still wish someone would make a kit of it. I don't normally build projects, but I would make an exception in this case.

Best Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: