Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Very rare VVS color sheme
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 11:18:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Very rare VVS color sheme  (Read 2069 times)
Psy06

« on: February 02, 2020, 03:55:05 PM »

Hi colleagues, here is another rare case. The known very rare painting scheme for multicrew aircrafts 37-39 circa. Until now, it was believed that only the R-10 and DB-3 were so painted, but analysis showed that the first few pieces of the BB-22 were also so painted. Color scheme is - the whole airframe is aluminum, the top of the stabilizer and wings with engine nacelles are green. It is important to note that this is a serial factory sheme.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 04:03:30 PM by Psy06 » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 07:25:36 PM »

Hi Psy,
you have posted most interesting photos. I heard about such scheme a lot of years ago, but I thought that it was an invention because i had never seen any photo.
What was the story of it? When was this made, and on how many planes?
Regards
Massimo

Psy06

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 10:25:28 AM »

My friend Andrei Averin believes that the scheme appeared due to the erroneous execution of the order to change the color scheme of the air force. The order did not say literally about painting the top and sides of the fuselage, so they painted planes according to the letter of the order, and not common sense.

We also have no consensus that the bb-22 belongs to the same group, he believes that these are just distortions of photographs. There are pictures of BB-22 and just gray, in the interpretation of which there is no difficulty, but these are special.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 05:31:04 PM »

Interesting. If the color of the B-22 is grey, it looks darker than the usual AE-9. Couldn't it be some primer instead? Some yellow-green?
Or maybe when they passed from grey-silver finish to green-blue, the pieces were painted separately on the line, then they had some more aluminum fuselages and grey necelles and mounted them to green/blue components...

Regards
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: