Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Il-2 restoration
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 01:50:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Il-2 restoration  (Read 1928 times)
TISO

« on: February 01, 2020, 09:48:39 PM »

Search, rescue and restoration of Il-2 red 19 of 2. escadrilya 46.ShAP SF VMF that crashlanded on 25th of november 1943 after damage sustained by FLAK during attack on airfield Luostari and after it was attacked by messerschmidt. Pilot was lt. Skopincov Valeriy Mihailovich (his 3rd combat flight of 59 combat flights performed during the war)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CJLGkjQ68A

Interestingly after this plane they also searched for and found another Il-2 (single seat) of same regiment crashlanded in summer on lake by 3. escadrilya commander kapitan Kalichev (also after attack on Luostari)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 10:09:02 PM by TISO » Logged

Disciple of Error
learstang

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 08:59:33 PM »

Thank you very much for the link! I remember when they first raised this aeroplane from the lake. It's great to see it flying again! I believe the single-seater is also being restored to airworthy status.

Best Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: